Why 'Library Content Not Found' when I can see the library folder?

Options
djchimneysparrow
djchimneysparrow Member Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hi folks,

I recently purchased the Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition, and I've really been enjoying it so far.

However, one of the plugs, 'Rise and Hit', is displaying the message 'Library Content Not Found. Click Locate to set the content.'

I am using the most up to date version of the Kontakt player and other software through Native Access. All my content libraries are on an external SSD, and I can see the folder marked 'Rise and Hit Library' (which the library path currently leads to). Unless there's a specific file within that folder it can't locate?

I've tried reinstalling the library, but there's no change. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks, Ian

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @djchimneysparrow That rings a bell, although I didn't see that issue in a while. Can you see in the folder where the library is installed the nicnt file ? Is it spelled Rise and Hit.nicnt or Rise And Hit.nicnt ? If the a is in small cap, try renaming the file to Rise And Hit.nicnt, does that fix the issue ?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @djchimneysparrow That rings a bell, although I didn't see that issue in a while. Can you see in the folder where the library is installed the nicnt file ? Is it spelled Rise and Hit.nicnt or Rise And Hit.nicnt ? If the a is in small cap, try renaming the file to Rise And Hit.nicnt, does that fix the issue ?

• djchimneysparrow
    djchimneysparrow Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hi Jeremy, that DID help - NI tech support just recommended the same thing :) Not sure why it happened, but maybe a M1 compatibility issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

that DID help - NI tech support just recommended the same thing :) Not sure why it happened, but maybe a M1 compatibility issue?

Well, that happened already years ago, even before the M1 was an idea in one of Apple's engineers head, so I'm not sure. 😅

• Paddy R
    Paddy R Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same problem with Rise and Hit reinstallation. I renamed the nicnt file as suggested and still have thousands of files of content not found, some is working. But from folder 6 to 11 down the content is not found

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Paddy R Does that happen in Kontakt in standalone? What is your operating system?

• merges
    merges Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I just installed the same library using Native Access (June 2023) and had the same issue. The disk on which my library is located is formatted for Mac, case-sensitive. That seems to be the issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@merges Yes indeed, as outlined in this article: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

Make sure to only use hard drives that are not formatted case-sensitive for installing and using NI products on Mac computers.