S88MKII Warranty Replacement Issues - No response from NI for months

Options
Nightowl43
Nightowl43 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Tech Talks

Decided to come to the forum, in hopes someone from NI will sort this out for me. I bought a brand new S88MKII In July of 2021. There was an issue with the keyboard dropping out of midi within the first year, and so I had a warranty replacement sent to me in mid 2022. I was moving, so I had it kept in the box for a few months, and when I opened it up, it was covered in some white cleaning material; clearly this was not a new S88MKII, but a refurbished S88 MKII, and they used some type of cleaning product which was not wiped off properly...so it seeped into the plastic and the plastic is discolored/looks terrible...tried to wipe it off but the damage from the cleaning product was done....so I wrote to NI about 10 times already with absolutely no response. Just gave up on it until today when I realized I could post here on the forum in hopes to get some attention, or at the very least some advice as to how to move forward. NI assured me I was getting a brand NEW S88MKII when I requested the warranty replacement, but that's not what occurred. If anyone from NI can advise, I would appreciate this, as the keyboard cost me over $1,200 new and I have not had a properly working or a new keyboard since the purchase. Anyone else have this issue with the white cleaning product? Since it wasn't wiped off at the factory and the keyboard stayed in the box for a few months, it seems the chemicals ruined the plastic.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Nightowl43 I looked in your ticket history with us. I couldn't find request in the recent months, only one from April 28th but not from our typeforms and one from today that you submitted in the right channel. Our tickets get closed automatically if you don't reply at some point but you should be notified. Not sure what happened here.

I've escalated the latest one and someone should get back to you as soon as possible.

• Nightowl43
    Options

Thank you Jeremy,

Very grateful to hear that this is going to be resolved...hopefully I can finally have a new perfect working order S88MKII, and move forward making music.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Nightowl43 Just checking old posts, is everything ok now?

• Nightowl43
    Options

Hi Jeremy, there is also a loose screw in this warranty replacement. Is customer service going to support me or not? $1299 down the drain as it stands. How can I actually speak to a human here?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Nightowl43 I see that you got back to my colleagues by email, someone should get back to you soon.