[MacOS] libraries won’t install - over NI access (1)

Options
Bazebuster
Bazebuster Member Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2023 in Native Access

NI Access 2 doesn‘t work on my MacBook Air M2, so this is the reason why I‘m running access (1). All libraries won‘t install when I‘m trying this in NI access (download & install- directories are set to a separate external SSD/NVME-drive).

I can install the downloaded *.iso libraries afterwards. But a curious problem still remains - I can‘t download and install the bigger libraries as choir: Omnia or Kontakt factory libraries, only because of the insufficient remaining space on my boot-drive (?!? But, why? I set different Folders on large external drives) - small libraries are no problem, but when they‘re bigger, than the remaining bootdrive spacecauses they won‘t even download 🤬. And yes, the library-ssd has about 1,3 tb free space left.

Please help!

It really sucks, that I can‘t even download the bigger libraries!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bazebuster

Please provide us with a screenshot showing your File Preferences in Native Access, as well as screenshot showing the installation / download error you receive, so that we're better able to investigate.

Please also send us a screenshot showing your drives in Disk Utility - as this also shows the amount of Purgeable Disk space.

Native Access calculates the amount of free space an installation requires from the available free space only (excluding the purgeable space). This is why you may see what is presumably enough free space available, although Native Access requests more.

Answers

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bazebuster

Please provide us with a screenshot showing your File Preferences in Native Access, as well as screenshot showing the installation / download error you receive, so that we're better able to investigate.

Please also send us a screenshot showing your drives in Disk Utility - as this also shows the amount of Purgeable Disk space.

Native Access calculates the amount of free space an installation requires from the available free space only (excluding the purgeable space). This is why you may see what is presumably enough free space available, although Native Access requests more.

• Bazebuster
    Bazebuster Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I‘ll do, when back in the studio before the weekend 🤔