Crackling and Popping Audio

Options
BaldheadProduct
BaldheadProduct Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I notice when i use a few different VST’s, it tends to happen then. The more i add, there worse it gets. Most of VST’s come straight from their manufacturers website. A couple of 3rd party VST’s from random sites. The playback is the problem, once record it’s fine. Need a solution?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No. You must experiment with what’s best with your computer (and for projects with these heavy demanding instruments). And find a compromise with latency

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Try to check buffer size and sample rate options in audio preferences.

Some instruments are really demanding, therefore using them causes more troubles

• BaldheadProduct
    Options

What should the buffering size and sample rate be set on? Or is there standard for those?

• BaldheadProduct
    Options

And thanks for responding.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

No. You must experiment with what’s best with your computer (and for projects with these heavy demanding instruments). And find a compromise with latency

• BaldheadProduct
    Options

Thanks alot for the feedback!!

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You’re welcome

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

It would also be useful to know what your audio interface is and OS, if Windows what is your audio driver (ASIO, WASAPI...)?

• BaldheadProduct
    Options

I have a MacOS with an Apollo Twin Interface. MK3 hardware with Maschine DAW.

• Klay86
    Klay86 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Been getting a popping & crackling sound myself , I thought, "it can't be monitor speakers, they're new"

(And I don't think it is, because the same sounds persisted when I had only the tiny speakers engaged in my PC)

This aggravating noise seems to come and go, and is almost simultaneous with the draw or perceived loudness of the sample, whether it be a kick drum, synth sound, or whatever.

Any help / advice deeply appreciated in advance! PLEASE HELP