Komplete upgrade 5 - 7 question

Options
arturia
arturia Member Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2023 in Komplete General

If I upgrade from komplete 5 to 7 what will happen to all my songs I have built using 5? Will my 5 instruments still be in place? Or will they be removed with the installation of 7? I would seriously hate to load a song only to find out it’s broken.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can keep all versions of Kontakt side by side. Just make sure about compatibility with your OS for all versions.

Answers

• zikbuff
    zikbuff Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

I'm no expert. Load a song, try it out. If it dosen't work close project or song without saving? 🤷‍♂️

• arturia
    Options

Yes you’re clearly not because this makes no sense. I cannot try it out if I have not upgraded. My question is does the upgrade delete the previous versions.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited May 2023
    Options

Do you mean KONTAKT instead of Komplete?

If so... I don't own KONTAKT 5, but I would assume that the following applies to 5 as well:

Do I still need to keep KONTAKT 6 installed when I upgrade to KONTAKT 7?

Yes! Installing KONTAKT 7 will not automatically replace KONTAKT 6 content in your DAW projects. If you have projects that use KONTAKT 6, you will need to keep it installed. You can however use KONTAKT 6 and KONTAKT 7 in the same project.

This excerp is from the KONTAKT 7 FAQ.

• arturia
    Options

Ok great! So there’s an option on installing to keep the older ones? I still have 5. I didn’t get 6

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can keep all versions of Kontakt side by side. Just make sure about compatibility with your OS for all versions.