Native Instruments new brand identity

Options

Comments

• Eric Rabb
    Eric Rabb Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

i don’t like it, not enough effort, way too simplistic looking.

• MOMO
    MOMO Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Logo is nice, full text looks like a sci-fi font from the 90s, horrible.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options

Again, NI will surely employ people in both department full time. There is no such thing as a money fluctuation due to the one or the other department being employed more or less.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options
  • ZooTooK
    ZooTooK Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

It was about time for a logo upgrade. The old has been starting to look slightly dated for some years.

The new logo is OK IMHO, but slightly convoluted, but I'll get used to it I guess.

The full name is in the right direction but fails on execusion however. I'm sure it could be fixed. Like the R, U and S 😶. Those involved in that will not be able to put that on their CV....

Kind of sad, 14 pages with wast majority of disaprovals.

• Laureano Lopez
    Laureano Lopez Member Posts: 102 Advisor
    Options

Fair enough, but precisely -there's not much I can say of a design without context, technical choices are not made in a vacuum. I also don't have a background in design, so it's beyond my reach. The logo is quite simple, there's nothing obviously offensive about it. I don't even have much problem with the font. Take the R, which seems to get some hate. It's quirky, and the quirk is easy to localize at the leg joint. That's a choice, not an error. There's no place in design for an R with a quirky leg joint? I'm sure there is, but I can't really say where that would be. The only thing I might say is that neither the logo or the text seem to play well with scaling and distance. The logo tends to collapse to just a weird N.

• De Hutch
    De Hutch Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

To be honest.... It looks to much like the new Kia and Andromeda Initiative logos... Boring

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 828 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

I really don't think it does, ther are a few superficial similarities, its black lettering, there are some curves and some corners, and one of the letters is an I, but otherwise it's not close. There is no way anyone would mistake one for the other. Graphically they are quite different IMO.

EDIT: The thing it reminds me of most is the Sony vaio logo. I did wonder if maybe NI had tried with the upstroke of the N being represented by a dot (which would also echo a dot above the I), but it would then be too similar to the A of Vaio... ?

...maybe something like:

..but maybe it's too VAIO then?

... Boring

Ha, yes, logos are often boring, they are functional first. simplicity and recognition are much more important than looking 'fancy' or 'cool'.

Many famous logos are 'boring' that Nike swoosh is very simple and pretty boring, adidas is just three stripes - boring!. McDonalds golden arches - simple and boring. mercedes logo is just a circle with three spokes - boring ,what does that even mean? Boring is good as long as its simple and immediately recognisable.

There are a few really great logos that are simple and boring, but also clever, but they are rare. Stuff like FedEx where there is that lovely forward arrow hidden between the E and the X, and the Amazon logo where the swoosh points 'from A to Z' inferring that they sell everything, but it is also a cheeky smile. That is a great piece of design for sure... I don't think NI have the funds to pay for design that good though

• Z Gabr
    Z Gabr Member Posts: 52 Helper
    Options

...maybe something like:

Colin! I like your version much more... It's more balanced and conceptual

• Ju.de
    Ju.de Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

so for me it will mean :

can we haveUPDATE OR UPGRADE for potential new products; Maschine3, iMaschine3, Maschinestudio2, MaschineMK4, Komplet kontrol S3 MK3, MaschineJAM2 if possible yeahhhh ?

hopefully we can expect to have new features, new revolutions in hardwares/software or what are your suggestions of features you would like to be ?

I hope at least a new Maschine3,iMaschine3, Maschine studio2 will be release very soon, its nowthat 10years NI or SOUNDWIDE I should say now

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

I agree that colB version is already way better than the original one.

Incredible how a simple dot can change things that much.

I can finally see an N now.

And I don’t know why, but with this dot and the rounded ending of the first bent line and it not surpassing the horizontal bottom line this looks like a logo to me, instead of just 2 lines casually put there.

Good job (even if now it looks even more like someone bowing praising a vertical line, if you interpret the dot as an head 😂)

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

It is best to be who you are . New NI is OK and it's recognizable and R is just happened to look different similar to Music that's evolving and in that Transition it have many different parts together forming something good successful because it has everything good and something authentic.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

That dot remembers me …

NATIVE (will be our) INSTRUMENTS.

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 828 Guru
    Options

Good job (even if now it looks even more like someone bowing praising a vertical line, if you interpret the dot as an head 😂)

Yes, I did notice that it looks like a person doing yoga.. which is problematic. It probably doesn't scale as well to a small size either. There are so many considerations!