M32 Controller Setup Question: Some Buttons Not Lighting

KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze Member Posts: 2 Member

Greetings,

Just setup my M32 Controller (Win 11, 64b, 16gb RAM) and noticed that MOST of the buttons on the interface are NOT lit. Not sure if this is correct as every other video I've seen shows lit buttons. What am I missing?

Please Advise,

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

It is (likely) fine.

Only the buttons that are applicable for the current mode will be lit, so if you are not yet connected to a supported DAW then the buttons for things like plugin/mixer will not light up. Once you are connected to a DAW and have the control surface settings configured it will illuminate what you are currently seeing on screen and what functions you are able to select on the keyboard so it's "dynamic" in how it displays feedback.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

It is (likely) fine.

Only the buttons that are applicable for the current mode will be lit, so if you are not yet connected to a supported DAW then the buttons for things like plugin/mixer will not light up. Once you are connected to a DAW and have the control surface settings configured it will illuminate what you are currently seeing on screen and what functions you are able to select on the keyboard so it's "dynamic" in how it displays feedback.

• KeyserSoze
    KeyserSoze Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks @JesterMgee,

I'm using Studio One, so I will test there as well.

...more news as it happens!

Thanks again!