No access to all synth parameters and bluetooth device on Maschine+

DjRoppe
DjRoppe Member Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2023 in Maschine

Hi everyone and hopefully NI Maschine developement staff..

i’m a new maschine plus user, had it for about 2 months now..

i love my maschine plus, the workflow is great and the sound is even better. It’s an awsome maschine!

I’ve not had a single crash or anything like that, so i’m more than happy using it while i’m making my music.

but thre are 2 things that anoys me..

first off, why can’t we have full access to all the parameters of the included synths? Massive is there in standalone and you can import any patch, but you can’t create your own from scratch. That’s just anoying! I knew this before i bought it, but why not implement the whole vst when it’s already running on maschine standalone?

the second thing that realy anoyes me is that it appears to be a bluetooth device inside maschine plus, but it’s not utelized at all. Why?

i didn’t buy my maschine plus for it’s bluetooth capabilities, but it cost money for technology and having a bluetooth device that is not functional is just ripping off your customers.. i don’t want to pay for unused parts or technology, even if it’s only $50 or whatever..

Well that’s my rant 🤗

i still love my maschine plus and i will use it alot. But please, my two anoyances could be fixad and i can’t see any reson for not fixing them!

kind regards

Comments

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Some of the parameters in massive wouldn't make sense as knobs (e.g. the routing page). Adding to that; there are like 1000 parameters. 1 oscillator would have 19 knobs if you want to control all of the modulation slots. You want to browse them 8 knobs at a time? Create a preset using a computer and map whatever you want to use. Use it as a template to make whatever; though it would be kind of annoying to page over 40 times to get to that one parameter you're after.

Reaktor ensembles and FM8 are similar. They're designed for mouse/keyboard. Trying to 'program' with a couple of knobs just isn't going to get you very far. You can create your own preset and set the knobs you want, but meh. Preset browsing FTW

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Bluetooth is likely built into the same chip that handles Wi-Fi so unlikely you are “paying for features you cannot use”. It may be they simply had no real use case to enable it and possibly, another comms device could increase the chance of audio problems. Also, some users may then want to connect their Bluetooth headsets / speakers to it but probably complain there is a delay when playing pads or keys which is unavoidable. So not sure really how useful it would be other than maybe connecting a keyboard or something. Maybe it’s reserved for some future product.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

1 Can't be done, there is no workflow without a Touch screen or mouse that would allow full control of Massive.

2 Costs money, so maybe, but unlikely.

• DjRoppe

I wouldn’t mind menudiving. The interface would probably be easier than on my casio vz-1 or my Kurzweil pc3le. A fully standalone massive would be the ultimate sounddesign synth for me.

they could have a toggle that swiches between easy and advance Edit mode.

but as i said, it’s just things that anoyes me. I love the sond and workflow and won’t be getting rid of it anytime soon.

regardig the bluetooth, you could be right that it’s just build in to the wifi.. i would love to have bluetooth thoug, to sequence some of the apps on my iPad.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

…or the opposite… Using the many midi apps on iPad with my MPC Live 2 or Force is something I do constantly and I dream to be able to do with my Maschine+ 😉

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro

MIDI over BT is something new for Maschine team but I guess they are working on it. Last Maschine survey show it precisely.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

It would be neat if they built network/rtp midi into M+, though I'm not sure they'd want to deal with the support. People seem to struggle with basic audio routing. The forum would just be full of more people claiming how they're a professional and NI can't seem to hold their hands to figure out their own network.

I do kind of wonder if they could design some way to have "remote x" (or whatever it's called in modern linux) displayed on a tablet. As the kids say, "that would be sick". lol.

• LostInFoundation

Midi over Bluetooth is quite easy. The port will be called with the devices names.

In Akai Force e.g. I select midi from iPad and in iPad midi to Force. That’s all I have to do

• JesterMgee

I guess midi over by could be used

• JesterMgee

Might be something useful to some

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro

To be honest for me MIDI bluetooth is great to integrate iPad Apps with hardware things. I'm not event speaking about Instruments or effects. The real gem are MIDI processors and effects - chord generators like Scaler 2, crazy sequencers, rythm machines and many, many more. All this things will be easier to connect with M+ and M+ internal sounds and samples. I wanting for it so badly 😆

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited May 2023

A BT keyboard to name things would be cool, I already have one always around could just switch profile and use it really quickly when I want to name lots a things to organize a project.

BLE MIDI would be even cooler, I don't know how good it is for actually playing complex midi parts but at least for controlling knobs, macros, and trigger scenes/sections, it would be nice.

Everyone is just guessing so here's mine: Because Massive was never really designed to be used with knobs only, and Maschine was never originally designed to work in a standalone... It was all built from the ground up to have a computer attached to it and use it for some stuff that might be tricky on a controller. Since everything was ported over instead of built from the ground up compromises have to exist.

As for BT you'd pay the same, it's a wifi/bt combo as Jester said, and those prob cost like... 5$ for big orders, but the development time spent making it work and do great things.. idk, how much does a dev make on average per month ? How much time would it take to develop? Whatever value that is that's the price for them.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

BLE MIDI for playing is VERY good

The negative price for them is “Hey…on Akai I can use all the midi apps on iPad/iPhone with my MPCs/Force. Scaler 2, Chord Maps 2, Lemur, LK, Atom 2, Fugue Machine,… Or use MPC/Force to play iPad synths. So Akai gives more functionalities. What will I chose?”

Probably also the forthcoming (and people-over-exciting) Logic Pro. If they provide Midi Bluetooth, we will be able to use a midi track inside of this DAW to play Maschine plus content…or the opposite: Maschine+ midi out playing Logic content)

• DjRoppe

Now that pusch standalone has been anounced, i hope that NI will open upp access to all parameters in massive and hopefully come out with a long awaited update..

i’ve read the now 450 post thread regarding push 3 on the electronauts forum, and there haven’t been a single post complaining about menudiving for accessing all parameters. Why can’t NI also give us full access to the synths that we already have?