RE-Mapping controls on the Traktor S-8

partofthepuzzle
partofthepuzzle Member Posts: 18 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Is it possible to re-map the controls on the Traktor S-8 in the same manner that as the S-4?

Specifically, I would like to re-map one of the FX knobs to Master Tempo. Some of my DJ routines require full 1 bpm stepping with one hand. The built in Tempo knob does .1 stepping which take much too long for my needs. It requires the Shift + Tempo for full 1 bpm stepping. That's a two handed effort and that doesn't work for me.

I would like to find a way to be able to map another knob to get the full 1 bpm stepping with one hand.

I hope this is clear. Thanks!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod
    Answer ✓

Open the file '\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\S8\Mixer.qml' with notepad++

Go to line 11-12.

// Master Clock
    MasterClock { name: "MasterTempo" }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.coarse"; enabled: shift }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.fine";  enabled: !shift }

Switch either '.coarse' with '.fine' or 'shift' with '!shift'. In the end, it should look like this:

// Master Clock
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.fine"; enabled: shift }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.coarse";  enabled: !shift }

This way you will have 1bpm jumps using the tempo knob, or .01bpm while holding shift. The usual mapping doesn't provide discrete bpm steps, so this is the more elegant solution.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Open the file '\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\S8\Mixer.qml' with notepad++

Go to line 11-12.

// Master Clock
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.coarse"; enabled: shift }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.fine";  enabled: !shift }

Switch either '.coarse' with '.fine' or 'shift' with '!shift'. In the end, it should look like this:

// Master Clock
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.fine"; enabled: shift }
    Wire { from: "%surface%.mixer.tempo"; to: "MasterTempo.coarse";  enabled: !shift }

This way you will have 1bpm jumps using the tempo knob, or .01bpm while holding shift. The usual mapping doesn't provide discrete bpm steps, so this is the more elegant solution.

• partofthepuzzle

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Sounds like the perfect solution for me.

• partofthepuzzle

It works! Thanks again.

Question: Is there any documentation available on the Mixer.qml and other qml files?

• Sûlherokhh

So far none of the modders have written any. But the code itself is kind of a documentation, if you are used to reading code and know the basics of computational processes and the structure of a few programming languages. And there are code resources to be found on the web.

Anyway, glad it worked for you. 🦋

• partofthepuzzle
    edited May 2023

Is it possible to remap the S8 Tempo Knob the same way in Traktor Pro 2?

• Sûlherokhh

I don't remember if TP2 has qml files to modify. If it does then probably yes.