Curve Input to Control Shaper Module

srs
srs Member Posts: 21 Member
edited May 2023 in Reaktor

Are there any examples or tutorials for how to supply inputs to the Control Shaper module via a graphical curve?

Specifically for the 3 BP version of the module where you need 5 points to create the slope, it would be much easier to have a breakpoint envelope similar to Max's [function] object... is there any way to do this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023

Something like that? From the ADSR Block by NI

or that?

It's taken from Stremel out of the user library

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/12651/

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru

In general you would generate the curve mathematically, then use that to create the inputs and to derive the graphical representation.

If you already have the math to produce a curve, why would you need the control shaper at all? why not just use your curve directly?

I have no idea how something in Max works, maybe if you explained it with a bit more detail ;)

• srs
    srs Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2023

Thanks both. I don't have the math to produce the curve, rather I'm looking for a way to create this using a graphic interface. The Max [function] object works like a breakpoint envelope but it can map an input value to an output value - ie. like a transfer function.

I'm mapping inputs to outputs to scale values like pressure input from a physical device to midi cc values. Similar to how Logic's scaling curves for Smart Control automation work (screenshots attached)

After looking around, it doesn't seem like Reaktor has anything pre-built for this and it would require some custom mouse area and multi picture combo. The 3 BP version of Control Shaper is good enough but if a proper breakpoint function envelope existed, I'd def use it.]

edit: I think that Curve.mdl gets pretty close to what I need and is the best starting point for further experiments, thanks Paule!