Serial activation.

Options

Hi everyone. I just bought a traktor S4 mk1 controller. When I tried to add the serial into native access. I get on error . I think the s4 might have been registered before. Do I need a transfer license. I have the serial code that came with it . But I does not seem to work. Is this item useless now or can I get around this issue. I have contacted native instruments about it. So hopefully they can help . Thanks everyone for your help.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,369 Expert
    Options

Just wait for support to respond to you.

Sometimes they can transfer the license to you. Sometimes they don't want to take it away from the previous owner. I have seen both.

Next time make sure you get a license with the hardware you buy.

• Marty15089
    Marty15089 Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I know bummer . The guy said he had it working himself, before I bought it. He was supposed to sort the license . But didn't.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,369 Expert
    Options

While you wait for support, if you still have his contacts, try to ask him for a transfer key.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209566129-How-to-Request-a-License-Transfer-ID-to-Sell-Your-NI-Product

Right now you can use the 30 minutes demo version of Traktor or use a free app like Mixxx

Btw, keep in mind the mk1 is quite old and will not work on modern Mac OS systems. Windows is fine.

• Marty15089
    Marty15089 Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Will the s4 work with mixx. Without any issues . If all else fails .Also, Thank you for your reply and help.Much appreciated .I'm using it on windows 10 .