Midi change for Locks not working

thejone
thejone Member Posts: 6 Member

I've been trying to use my Kontrol F1 for triggering the lock screens in Maschine.

I'm pretty sure I having everything set up correctly (see screen shot) but nothing is happening in the software.

Any tips?

Cheers

Best Answer

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

C-2 = the first lock state

C#-2 = 2nd lock state

D - 2 = 3rd lock state

and so on

that is the basic operation of the midi change and its corresponding ties with patterns or scenes as well, basically the lowest note on a piano keyboard is the 1st scene/pattern/lock and then it moves up to the next note in the sequence.

be aware midi change only triggers the scene/pattern/lock states if they exist, you cannot set scenes/patterns/lock as was pointed out by LIF

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert
    edited May 2023

Can’t see any screen shots

In any case, are you sure your F1 is in midi mode?

And…did you set the locks before with Maschine and just want to “launch” them or are you trying to set them from the F1?

• thejone

Thanks so much for the response.

Here are some more details:

F1 in Midi mode

F1 selected in the Midi input settings in Maschine

F1 was selected for "notes" and channel number "1" in the Midi change locks.

There is a chance I may have done something in the Controller Editor, as I had to make the template from scratch ( not sure why there wasn't a basic chromatic setting from C1 in there), but I have thoroughly checked that all of the midi settings are right.

It's turning into a bit of a head-scratcher for me.

Thanks again

Ian

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

C-2 = the first lock state

C#-2 = 2nd lock state

D - 2 = 3rd lock state

and so on

that is the basic operation of the midi change and its corresponding ties with patterns or scenes as well, basically the lowest note on a piano keyboard is the 1st scene/pattern/lock and then it moves up to the next note in the sequence.

be aware midi change only triggers the scene/pattern/lock states if they exist, you cannot set scenes/patterns/lock as was pointed out by LIF

• thejone

Amazing!

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out.

Working perfectly now =)

All the best

Ian

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert
    edited May 2023

Oooh ok…it was just a matter of octaves. Good for you

Good catch @6xes 👍🏼