When we can expect Traktor Pro 4.0 ?

Aquadics
Aquadics Member Posts: 59 Helper

Since I consider to buy Traktor Pro I am wondering when Traktor Pro 4.0 will be released.

Also I am wondering why there is no pro subscription which will allow us to use Traktor Pro without owning the base version. For now there is no way around to purchase Traktor Pro.

Answers

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Hard to say…

Maybe that’s the reason behind no native apple silicon version. Maybe they are developing in parallel to release in some moment no distant in future and that explains why is taking so long each update…

Or maybe never.

• Aquadics
    edited April 2023

I thought apple silicon is already natively supported in 3.9 beta or is it still only that we can use it in rosetta mode. After 3.9 release there should be a 4.0 quite soon. But since new features are taking very long it could happen that there will be first a summer break and we could expect a 4.0 beta erliest in the autumn or winter.

Unbelievable to see how long all is taking. I was quit exited to see the roadmap for the first time but if I consider how long it is ago and what we got I am not sure what I have to think :-)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,313 Expert

Maybe they continue with 3.10 after 3.9

Who knows.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Exactly, 3.9 says nothing in respect to future 4.0..

But, there was not new HW for considerable time as well. It would be meaningfull that new HW and new Traktor come the same time. If there is considerable leap in features.....

So, new Traktor HW and SW might come soon. The same for Maschine HW and SW and Komplete keyboards.

There must be something new fast. Or be phased out or sold to a new manufacturer.

• Mutis

New hardware will be x1 mk3 for pattern mode in the best scenario.

New software was Traktor dj2 and all the delay against competition is for that hiatus (where they released new hardware mk3 to be exact)

so…

we have repatched traktor pro 2 as 3 with minimum changes but getting slowly all the roadmaped features… as soon ad dev tools implement most wished list NI will implement them (like AS and Retina displays etc)

Let’s hope it doesn’t get too late…

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,651 mod

A hybrid of X1, F1 and K2 would be the best selling product. Just take the best from each unit and make it D2 big.

• Kubrak
    edited April 2023

I do not think NI has intended DJ2 as future replacement for Traktor. DJ2 looks like SW targeted to kids and bedroom DJs. Only two decks, very limited set of effects and no support for Pro HW.

Why do you think it might happen become flagship NI product. Beside the fact they would abadon Traktor trademark.

Maybe that NI wanted to sell Traktor division and continue with SW and HW for non-pro DJs. And it did not become reality.

Anyway, NI may take some parts from DJ2, other from TP3, yet another from iZotope (or other Soundwide partners) and make TP4...

• Aquadics

I am quit sure that Traktor Pro 4 will be build on Traktor Pro 3 and not on DJ2.

This to apps are complete different products and are targeting completely different users. Honestly when purchased my first DJ controller Kontrol S3, Traktor Pro 3 was overwhelming and I only used DJ2 on iPad and later on the Mac. It took me at leased 2 - 3 month that until I wanted to get more ans switched to Traktor Pro.

For me with Stems feature ready, it will be worth to make it a 4.x version. New hardware would be nice, especially small components like F1 / X1 but with a modern design and not only usable with Traktor Pro. It will be a absolute no way for me that I buy a controller which is not usable as a normal MIDI controller as well.

• Mutis

It was stated back in the day so it isn’t an opinion but after that another roadmap change happen and traktor pro was repatched.

There are only 2 paths:

(new old now) build over Traktor Dj2 and add expansions (plus service was going to happen over Tdj2)

(old new now) build over Traktor pro 2 now 3 and keep growing until dev tools keep uptodate.

I thought (this is opinion) they will develop in parallel since TDj2 had implemented the most wanted wishlist (HidPi, playlist, touch friendly, color cues, soundcloud, etcetc) but none of the old pro features since NI seem ditching (these days) the pro market after S5/D2 stems failure and focusing into bedroom. See…

And it was universal app so Apple Silicon ready from day one but again listening certain userbase made “owners” to go backwards into Tp3 and the rest is history.

Only time will tell us.

• Kubrak

No, there is third way. Get some features from DJ2 and integrate them to TP4.

It could happen earlier and be integrated to TP3.... But what would be to bring in TP4?

Just guessing. Time will show. But my bet is, that TP4 will come within 10 months.

• Mutis

That third way is my second now (plus feature was stated as TDj2 future but now in Tp3 makes the same path) and I think it could be ‘cause I’m doubting there’s any iOS developer doing anything in NI… but 8 months?

I hope you are right mate…

• Kubrak

I guess iOS is not interesting for NI. It is nonPro. And if one wants use tablet for Pro DJing he may use Win and several of 2in1 options. Like MS Surface Pro for example. Apple users will have to wait until Apple ports MacOS to iPads. ;-)

Maybe that hapens sooner than Rosetta 3 will come. Which I expect in four, five years.

• Aquadics

Depends on the use case. I would not say that using DJ software on a tablet or phone is non pro. It is currently only, that there is no pro software existing for tablet or phone.

• Kubrak

I said that DJ2 was non-pro. Only two decks, limited FX, not working with S5/S8/D2/Z2, no STEMS, ....

I do not consider myself Pro I have never played for more than 30 people, but I do use tablet. TP3 on Win using S5 and 2xD2. It works fine.

I could run DJ2, but it would not fit my use case by far.

I can imagine DJ2 might be used by Pro as backup solution for the case, main setup temporarily fails in the midle of gig. But one could have it using Traktor and Win tablet (2in1).