Maschine blank bars after audio export

mts52
mts52 Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi, I am confused. Using maschine mikro mk3. When I set the pattern length to 4 measures for instance there are bars showing after measure 4. Also the reason this is problematic is when I drag/drop the audio into logic the 4 measures turn into more like 7 or 8 an I have to reset it to only the first 4 measures. There is no way I can drop the exported audio into quick sampler as it has blank bars and the end. The only way to make this work is to first drag the sample to Logic, edit it then drag into quick sampler. This is a real pita. If anyone here knows why this is I would love to know.

Best Answer

• mts52
    Answer ✓

Hi Peter,

Just worked it out. In the export prefs I enabled the optimise setting even though I am not exporting via this section. I have now changed it to 2 bars and the extra bars are not exported. Thanks so much for your help. Now I can drag directly into quick sampler which is what I mostly do so that I am working inside logic. Case solved.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited April 2023

When you Export Audio, make sure you toggle on (check) Loop Optimize. Then you won't get those extra bars.

• mts52

Thanks Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't aware there was such a setting. I have looked in preference but had no luck finding it.

Would you please give me instructions to achieve this.

• mts52

I am not exporting via the export function if that is what you mean. I am dragging and dropping from the main page.

• mts52
    Answer ✓

Hi Peter,

Just worked it out. In the export prefs I enabled the optimise setting even though I am not exporting via this section. I have now changed it to 2 bars and the extra bars are not exported. Thanks so much for your help. Now I can drag directly into quick sampler which is what I mostly do so that I am working inside logic. Case solved.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

This is a bug that I reported about two days after v2 software release, I have showed it multiple times to support with videos, and mostly never got a reply, I haven't tried reporting it with the last few owners of NI though, but updates and fixes are unlikely as ever now, so not sure there is any point bothering.