Native Access 3.3.1 won't install, can't remove old NTKDaemon

2»

Answers

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @James Thornton, I have just answered your support ticket.

@qfella Please reach out to us via the following form http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install so that we can investigate with you directly.

• qfella
    qfella Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Yeah, I am going to grab the version from my old pc and see if that works. Thanks✌

• James Thornton
    James Thornton Member Posts: 20 Member

NI helped me fix the problem using this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Click the three little dots in the download pop-up window that appears and select keep if Windows won't let you download the program.

• Yuusou
    Yuusou Member Posts: 6 Member

@James Thornton How does it do the trick for you? Because to me it looks an installer / uninstaller fix and I wonder how you get to where you need to go. Because neither Native Access nor the NTKDaemon appear in my programs.

• James Thornton
    James Thornton Member Posts: 20 Member

My problem was Native Access 3.3.1 wouldn't install because it needed to first uninstall the old version of the NTKDaeamon, which failed. The program above let me uninstall the NTKDaemon (which wouldn't uninstall by the normal methods) after which Native Access 3.3.1 installed fine.

• qfella

I will put a support ticket in soon.

www.asife.com/NTKDaemon.mp4

• qfella

I installed the old version of Native Access but the "Download Failed" message dominated that option.

• qfella
    edited May 2023

Can y'all move all my Native Instruments products & serial numbers over to the Izotope portal, please? I'm so behind in my work already. I am too scared to open a new session or a pass session and try to use a Native Instruments plugin only to be restricted by security pop-ups. I need my Kontakt plugin too. I uninstalled the old version to Kontakt 7 trying to update it and now IT too won't update cause it can't uninstall the old version of Kontakt. ******?

• Garry
    Garry Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

I'm having the same issue with the system failing to remove old NTK Daemon versions despite me not having installed any version of Native Access previously :(

Was there any update and resolution for you?

Thanks!

• Yuusou

There are many issues, but here's how I solved it:

First I used the following tool to identify the products on my PC:

https://github.com/suyouquan/SQLSetupTools/releases/download/V2.2/ProductBrowser_V2.2NET45.zip

That tool allows you to search for the NTKDaemon and identify the product ID. Once you know that ID, you can use the following tool to remove any relevant data:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Once you use that tool for your uninstalling issues, it should be fixed. Note, that I did not have NTK Daemon installed or found it, but I had some product IDs for unknown or unnamed products. So, I uninstalled all the IDs, that were related to unknown or unnamed products and at some point this worked.

• Garry
    Garry Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

Thanks Yuusou!

Stupid question, but when you say Product ID, where could I see that in this screenshot? Looks to say "none":

Thanks again,

Garry

• Yuusou
    edited June 2023

Sorry, I meant Product Code. I forgot the right term here. In the other tool you would first say you want to uninstall, then search for the NTK Daemon (since it shows in your screenshot) in the list of programs and then you let it repair (meaning it will properly uninstall and remove all data about that product code in the registy). In case that's not working for you, searching for other product codes without the names in the first tool might be necessary

• yvfn
    yvfn Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

---------------------------

Native Instruments NTKDaemon Setup

無法庫裝舊版本的 Native Instruments NTKDaemon。在尝试安装此产品之前,请使用控制面板添加-删除程序自行卸载它。

这个产品的安装来源无法使用。请验证来源是否存在,是否可以访问。

确定

无法启动洛泰克守护进程。

请重启本地访问。

如果问题仍然存在,请联系支持。

• kitekrazy
    kitekrazy Member Posts: 6 Member

I hate spending hours reading or going places into my system I rarely go to. PA got it right my giving serial numbers just give us the Izotope serial number prettt=y please. How hard can it be?