Komplete kontrol load issue

Options
1789101113»

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

Thankyou - OK that seems what it should be at least. Which rules out paths in NA as the cause. I still wonder if this is a permissions related thing but hopefully someone on the Kontakt forum might have some other ideas and better still try contacting the NI support team

• Odaiba
    Odaiba Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

@kymeia Thx a lot .

but my question is why we use kontakt player 7 on komplete kontrol ? With komplete kontrol we can edit each presets. This should’be komplete 7! In order to be able to tamper thé presets. I Think that kontakt player Just read presets no more no?

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

Kntakt and Kontakt player only load Kontakt libraries - Komplete Kontrol opens and catalogues both presets and sample libraries from Native Instrument’s entire range as well as plugins and instruments from third parties who also support the NKS standard. However to be able to do that it hosts the plugins that load those libraries and presets - so for Kontakt libraries it hosts Kontakt or Kontakt Player

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Odaiba I was out of office, now back to business. Have you already tried resetting Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol's databases. Here is how to do it for Komplete Kontrol:

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

Repeat the process for Kontakt.

• Odaiba
    Options

Hello @Jeremy_NI thx a lot .

I just formatted my hard drive.

i ll let you know .

Thx a lot

Odaiba

• Odaiba
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @LostInFoundation , @Kymeia and @Jeremy_NI !

after a few days of formatting and reinstalling OS, everything works perfectly.

It was long but may be necessary.

Thank you again for your help.

I'm running Ableton Live 11, do i still need to open my komplte kontrol on an instrument rack or not?

Have a nice day

Nicolas

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

Good - glad to hear that 👍️

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,288 Expert
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Odaiba Happy everything works for you now. But I’m still intrigued by how something like this could have happened.

You should be able to open KK as a plug-in in a midi track

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Options

@Odaiba Thanks for the update, glad that you managed to fix it.