Maschine Plus External Sound Card Sample Rate

Options
Dub Studio
Dub Studio Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2023 in Maschine

How do I set the sample rate of Maschine+ when running it with an external sound card?

I am currently running a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (1st gen) with out issues, apart from the fact that I can only get 12 of the 18 outputs working. The first 10 are analog outputs, and the remaining 8 are ADAT. Only 2 of the 8 ADAT outputs work, which make me think it might be a sample rate issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not sure if you can set the samplerate in M+? What I do know is that some audio interfaces only work with M+ when running at 44.1kHz samplerate (Tascam Model 12 is one of them)

Some audiointerfaces retain their last selected samplerate even after powering down (UA Volt does for example), so you could try connecting your interface to a computer first, setting the desired samplerate and then swapping out the cable to M+

Answers

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I'm not sure if you can set the samplerate in M+? What I do know is that some audio interfaces only work with M+ when running at 44.1kHz samplerate (Tascam Model 12 is one of them)

Some audiointerfaces retain their last selected samplerate even after powering down (UA Volt does for example), so you could try connecting your interface to a computer first, setting the desired samplerate and then swapping out the cable to M+

• Dub Studio
    Options

Thanks, I will give that a try.

• Dub Studio
    Options

OK so turns out I needed to go into the output routing settings to add the outputs.. for some reason it only switched the first 12 on.

Tip: the selector acts so quickly it robs the setting from the previous output while you are scrolling, so its a good idea to work from the last output downwards. That way it doesn't rob the outputs because they haven't been assigned yet. I nearly drove myself crazy trying to scroll to the correct one and stop without hesitating.

Also, I tried every which way to set the Maschine to 48khz, and there was no way. 44.1 it is!