Can I use Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 Midi with Reaper?

mikehende
mikehende Member Posts: 12 Member

Hey guys, anyone using this device as MIDI with Reaper? It mentions Ableton Live so I figure it might also work with reaper.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...or-kontrol-x1/

https://support.native-instruments.c...h-Ableton-Live

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hi, I see that you've been in touch with our support team already. Here's an answer in case anyone comes across this post in the future:

It's possible to use X1 with Reaper: How to Switch Your Native Instruments Controller to MIDI Mode

After changing the controller to MIDI mode, it will be mappable as a normal MIDI device.

• mikehende

Oh damn, I had a choice to buy either this unit or a midi device and had chosen the latter but thanks for confirming I can still try to get one soon as I should be able to afford it.

Question is though if I should get one and and switch to midi mode and should need some assistance mapping to Reaper, will NI Support give assistance?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

It is not NI's job to map 3rd party software. Will they be friendly and help you map it? -I don't think so.

Your best bet is Youtube tutorial on Reaper and Realearn. That's what worked for me at least when I was mappin my MF Twister.

• mikehende

Thanks. Well if this all depends on Realearn then there should be no issues for me as I have been using to since a few years now for phone [TouchOSC] and also use midi controllers.

Funny you mentioned the Twister, that and the NI X1 were my 2 choices but I had to go with the SMK25 because I needed a 'wireless' MIDI controller. Maybe sometime in the future I can try to purchase and make the X1 MK2 wireless as I love the design of that unit.

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

Both X1 and Twister are great controllers, cant's go wrong with either. I use both. Reaper mapping interface is really awesome (no coding is required).

• mikehende

Thanks, I do not want any clutter like having to add a power bank and CME bluetooth midi products to make the X1 and Twister wireless which is why I am settling for the SMK25 for now as I do not need a keyboard.

So if you should ever come across in the future an 'efficient' wireless/bluetooth DJ MIDI controller please link me here? Appreciate the help!

• Stevan

Check out DDJ-FLX4. Livid Minim would the cool add-on controller if you can find one.

• mikehende

Would still need a midi bluetooth device to connect to it.