sound keeps glitching in FL Studio

gnotez
gnotez Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Maschine

When ever im playing my a drum loop or making a drum patten it keeps glitching out and sound like the cpu is over loading but its not is there a fix for this because its so annoying I cant make no music .

Best Answer

• gnotez
    Answer ✓

Hey thanks guys for getting back to me I’m using iMac 2014/late 5k, 4.0ghz, 24gig of ram and 1t ssd.

I made some adjustments and used it in Logic x. And not a problem now.

so I’m guessing Fl studio 20 was the problem I’m waiting for another FL update to see if anything changes

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Check the sample rate and buffer parameters in the settings. Modifying them could solve the problem

• LostInFoundation

It all depends on your computer power and soundcard probably

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@gnotez In order to help, we'd need a bit more info, like what operating system you have, what kind of computer and what soundcard / driver you are using and with what settings.

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2023

Most DAWs and audio apps need the buffer and sample rate set up, but Maschine also has a latency value in milliseconds.

NI has published a pretty comprehensive guide to this issue.

Windows specific version of NI’s main setup page:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571729-Windows-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing

When asking for help remember to state your computer type (mac or windows) and specific operating system (windows 11, mac os version 13.x) with the version number exactly, and your audio device (maschine mk3? Something else).

Once the basics are set up, if you still have glitches there are many tips to resolving them. Making audio work on Windows has always been harder for me than on Mac where I rarely have these glitches.

Windows itself is simply tricky to configure for realtime performance. There are even BIOS and windows configuration changes that some systems need to become stable. It’s usually possible it’s just not how your computer or your operating system starts out. You have to customize.

For not-technical users, and for people who want to play maschine live, I really think Macs are just more stable and trustworthy for audio applications. I think the folks who do this professionally mostly run macs.

• gnotez
    Answer ✓

Hey thanks guys for getting back to me I’m using iMac 2014/late 5k, 4.0ghz, 24gig of ram and 1t ssd.

I made some adjustments and used it in Logic x. And not a problem now.

so I’m guessing Fl studio 20 was the problem I’m waiting for another FL update to see if anything changes

• LostInFoundation

In order to help other users reading this post: could you tell us which adjustments you made to solve the issue?

Did you try it with FL after the adjustments?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@gnotez Have you checked this setting?