Unable to log in to Native Instrument to install my purchase

Mike du
Mike du Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I am unable to log in to NI to install my purchase. I use a windows 10 PC. Can you kindly assist me?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

This probably has something to do with the NTK Daemon which seems to give many problems lately. Check if it is up and running in your computer

Answers

• Mike du
    Mike du Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Error message; unable to login please restart your computer and try again. if the problem persists contact support

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

This probably has something to do with the NTK Daemon which seems to give many problems lately. Check if it is up and running in your computer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

This issue is usually caused by one of the following products interfering with Native Access’ connection to our servers:

VPN / Proxy

Network Security software / harsh settings

Antivirus software

Please restart your computer and temporarily disable any such software. You should then be able to login without issue.

• jkez
    jkez Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2023

Thanks Jeremy.

I finally resolved my issues with not logging in. Im on windows 11. The problem was that NTK Daemon somehow got flagged by the Windows Firewall and in/out connections couldnt go through. I didnt find anything at first because I was searching for Native Access, then I accidentally fount ntkdaemon entries.

Its in the Advanced firewall settings, where the inbount/outbound rules get set. Just need to allow the connections to go through and restart the system. All working now.

Best Regards

• Roger Vincent
    Roger Vincent Member Posts: 10 Member

Just a helpful suggestion, but Native Access should let me know if there is an update available, which it did not. On the bright side, I quickly realized there was an update by searching your 'Community' site.

I had the same issue as it appears I'm obviously one of many who had the same 'unable to log in, please restart' message and after restarting 3 times it still didn't work, although it appeared to install something, but even after restarting after that, it didn't work until I downloaded native access manually from your site.