For users facing issues with installing Native Access 3.3.0 on M1 Macs

Options

Comments

• nardiz
    nardiz Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Dear Native Instruments Team

I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment that you have so far failed to find a solution for Rosetta. It is almost ridiculous that a company of your size and reputation has difficulty dealing with this technological challenge. I understand that there can be technical challenges, but I expect a company like Native Instruments to do everything in your power to satisfy your customers. It is disappointing to see that other companies can react faster and provide solutions while you are left behind.

• MR290378
    MR290378 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

+1 from me to what @nardiz wrote. I have not been able to use Native Instruments Komplete content for over 2 years now (basically since I upgraded to M1). M1 is the new Mac reality and whilst other manufacturers (Arturia, Refx, Fabfilter, Spitfire etc.) managed to make their software work early on I'm puzzled why NI still is not able to make this possible for M1 users. Let me put it like this: Why would someone buy an M1/M2 mac (BTW - meanwhile years after its introduction) to then, as a first order of business, install Rosetta which emulates a legacy processor? This does not make sense at all.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 414 Guru
    Options

Native Access 3 has been rewritten from scratch. This is not old code, obsolete libraries, etc. There is really not any good reason for it to use Rosetta, NI please sort it out ASAP.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

I would also add “it has been BADLY rewritten from scratch”. Sorry, but that’s the truth

• Rokz Beatz
    Rokz Beatz Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
    Options

Yeah i think im having problems due to this as well. Im on M1 Mac and don't want to use rosetta and having problems downloading / installing libraries.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Hey Nardiz and @markj . We tried upgrading to Rosetta-less NA2 experience a few months ago with release 3.3.0, however, our installers still run on non-native technology. We're addressing the installers, but with a lot of products it's going to take some more time. All applications that we currently actively support and that run on Windows 10+ and MacOS 10.5+ should be able to run without Rosetta 2. The workaround might be to install Rosetta 2, run the installers of your products, then uninstall rosetta 2 again. We apologize for the inconvenience here.

• ageeee
    ageeee Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

You're losing customers Hayo. That is the bottom line. Well, actually it's your (NI's) bottom line. All the Soundwide companies are way behind on Silicon and Ventura (for some reason) but this NA install thing is simply incompetent. It's mid 2023 and we now have M3 chips around the corner. I've given up other than running an old mac intel and using IAC and IP midi drivers to link to my Silicon Mac with audio via another interface. Installing and uninstalling Rosetta is not an option. Eventually I'll just replace any and all NI VIs.

But I've said all this before. Arturia and others have fab products that work, install and authorise easily and don't require this rubbish. So, you know, I'll check back later in the year - maybe Mac isn't a thing for you guys as much as Windows, not sure but anyway, there are other options. Please give up all the marketing gobbledegook speak too.. it just makes things worse frankly.

• markj
    markj Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Removing Rosetta is not like removing an application simply by dragging it to the Trash. Based on the information I've seen here for example, it looks like a rather involved process. The "inconvenience" is rather large.

So for now, because my last Intel Mac (10 years old) started to experience hardware issues and was replaced with an M1 Mac Studio, all of the NI software and hardware I have invested in over the years is for the time being what the accounting folks would call "stranded assets" - pretty much useless.

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Mac is 40% of our userbase, with an equal split on ARM and Intel, so it's very much important to us. We're aware that we're very behind. We got every product working without Rosetta, now the installers are next. We're in the midst of changing our installer tech. If we were to patch the installers, then the installer tech would take even longer, which would also slow other things down. The new installer tech do not require Rosetta out of the box, so we're knocking two birds out with one stone here. We're going to try again later this year to fully deprecate it.

• wrojzer
    wrojzer Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

"The workaround might be to install Rosetta 2, run the installers of your products, then uninstall rosetta 2 again. We apologize for the inconvenience here."

No go.

Get info on the Native Access app says it's Apple Silicon.

MBP M1 2021 w/ MacOS 12.6.3

• Hayo_NI
    Options

Native Access is natively supported much like all of our other products. The things that are not natively supported are the NTK Daemon installer (which was why we undid the 3.3.0 attempt at removing Rosetta 2) and a large portion of our product installers.

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 44 Member
    Options

everything works fine for me now, plugins etc.. without rosetta (id like just to have the icon of Maschine2 and Komplete Kontrol rounded as the other icons in my dock but that is a minor detail)

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 44 Member
    Options

hey guys, I been able to solve the issue very easily and quickly with the customer support, this are the steps to fix the specific issue. (disregard the number of the steps as the images restart the counting)

1. restart your computer
    2. open Activity Monitor and check if the following processes are running: NTKDaemon, Native Access Helper
    3. If they are running, please stop them
    1. Next please delete the following files and folder:
    2. Macintosh HD > Library > Launchdaemons > com.native-instruments.NativeAccess.Helper2.plist
    3. Macintosh HD > Library > Privilegedhelpertools > com.native-instruments.NativeAccess.Helper2

4. Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Native Instruments

5. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.Native Access.plist
    6. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.NTKDaemon.plist

7. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK (folder)
    8. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Native Access (folder)

9. Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:
    1. empty bin
    2. Download and install latest Native Access M1 installer from here:
    3. https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/
    4. go to the Applications folder, right-click Native Access and select "show package contents"

1. navigate to this sub-folder:
    2. Contents > Ressources > daemon > mac >

1. right click the NTKDaemon installer and select "open"

Now please right click the Native Access app and select "open"

In case it still gets stuck on the "Please grant permission" error:

1. In Finder, go to Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities and open Terminal.
    2. Copy the following command line, paste it into Terminal and hit enter:
    3. sudo launchctl enable system/com.native-instruments.NativeAccess.Helper2
    4. Enter your macOS password when prompted.
    5. Start Native Access.

• Satojl
    Satojl Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

hello

don't work for me