Do I get new products released after the Komplete 14 Collectors Edition bundle that I bought?

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,284 Guru

What would be a nice approach would be to offer an "add-on" subscription to bundle owners. Instead of Komplete CE owners needing to wait several years to get the new content, a $10/month plan could provide CE owners with every interim NI product as they are released.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,120 Guru

Yes, a "club members discount" would be nice - similar to how supermarkets offer cheaper prices to their card holders.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

What would be a nice approach would be to offer an "add-on" subscription to bundle owners. Instead of Komplete CE owners needing to wait several years to get the new content, a $10/month plan could provide CE owners with every interim NI product as they are released.

One would pay up to 240 USD/EUR in total to be "up to date" and then regular fee for Update..... Is not better to buy plugins one needs/wants (not all released, just those of interest) and sell them later on?

Or do it in Microsoft MSDN way. One buys "everything" that is available now and all new releases that come in next two, three, ... years.

• nightjar

I absolutely HATE the process of buying interim products, then trying to sell them off when the next version comes out. I HATE it with a passion as a very stupid way of doing business.

With this subscription add on concept, there would NOT be ANY charge for a version upgrade. NI will have already collected money from me for these interim products that is on par with 2 year "summer sale" discount. And they have even gotten that money from me sooner and on a regular basis.

It's a win/win and SO much better than the current stupid way of doing things.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,266 Expert
    edited April 2023

All valid points. The discussion went on really better than how it started.

Just a note: @jimi8899 you know that pro, expert, guru and so on here is just related to the help given to other users and not to the company itself, don’t you?

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor
    edited April 2023

If the Komplete purchase was actually a subscription, I would expect to get access to everything when it was released. But they make it a purchase, which is good in that I can keep using it for a long time after paying. But it does mean that if something new comes out after my purchase, I have to also purchase that, and I don't get credit for that if I later upgrade to some version that has it included. That's how NI makes money!

It's a win/win

It's only a win for NI if the amount of money you end up paying overall is more in total than what you're currently paying for upgrades and perhaps occasional expansions. The whole point of NI is to make money. They do this, by fulfilling a need in the market for high-quality music-making plugins. But why would they do anything that would end up making them less money?

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Komplete just turned into a subscription at some point. Pay $199/month and always have access to everything! But that would be sad for me, who occasionally upgrade when I have the cash, but don't use it enough to warrant that subscription fee, and "paying $199 to open up the project I managed to work on last month" would definitely not make it easier to find the time to actually make music ...

• nightjar
    edited April 2023

A monthly sub figure like $199 for all of NI is not a realistic point. More like several tiers $10 to $45. And that high figure would be for all of SoundWide.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Hope you’re right…but…noooo, I don’t think so. Look the small amount they give now for 9.99 with Komplete NOW…for 45 they’ll give you maximum 4-5 times more. And also this amount of products would be faaaaaaaar less of all the things that are in Komplete Ultimate.

Practically for 9.99 NOW they give you less than the free Komplete Start 😂😂😂 (yes, it’s an exaggeration, but…you get the point…)

For the tier price you suggested probably they would give only a ‘all expansions” subscription

• nightjar

Komplete subscription offerings have been stunted by lack of a good scalable deployment foundation. Hence the meager beginning. NA2 will soon change all of this.

• jimi8899
    jimi8899 Member Posts: 7 Member

Well, you could always consider usability, GUI updates, better engines, etc. Can’t really see the difference if I were to but a Mac and need to change it every year since upgrades would come only with the new version of the following year Mac. Looking at some of the contributors to a low user poster as me (5 to this date) seems like some people in the forum spend an AWFUL lot of their precious time being 100% partial to NI (perhaps is some way associated to NI?). There has to be a certain acceptance that there are always 2 sides to an argument. This “if you buy something you will need to wait until the new release” doesn’t make sense - even my GPS / iPhone / 3rd party App vendors / Mac OS, photography software, Android (for all its misgivings :-), Microsoft Office, can go on and on updates all the time. Looking forward to post 1,794

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited April 2023

With this subscription add on concept, there would NOT be ANY charge for a version upgrade. NI will have already collected money from me for these interim products that is on par with 2 year "summer sale" discount. And they have even gotten that money from me sooner and on a regular basis.

This would be true only if one would start subscription at the time of release of bundle...

I have better solution. NI could sell Update licence for future version ahead. And thus user would get what will come to future bundle in time of plugin release. Generally it would be in a way simmilar to MS MSDN way of things.

Or it could be monthly pays, but one would have to pay the rest if not payed fully, because started to pay later....

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Acceptance is a must. I’m 80% of the times the one with different opinion, and that’s why I express them, to give a different angle.

But what you are doing here is not saying a different opinion that people don’t accept.

What you are doing is telling people who DO spend an AWFUL lot of their precious time here, but to HELP other users, that they have a lot of posts cause they are being 100% partial to NI. And you even accuse them to be associated to NI…

Did you ever at least read my posts? They ALL are answers to other users problems or critiques to NI…100% of them.

Do you see why you are not perceived well? Accusing other people without even taking infos before won’t help you

Where did all this “pro are partial to NI” “perhaps they are associated to NI” thing came from? As I was just saying you, pro/expert/guru are pro/expert/guru just cause they help other users, not because they agree (or not) with NI. Or cause (how you accuse) they are associated. If it was like you say, I would already have been kicked out of this forum, with all the accusations I make to NI

In any case, the “2 sides to an argument” was exactly what we were doing: you posted your opinion about NI having to give you their products for free, users answered to you, some agreeing with you, some not. Just accept others opinion, instead of saying “ comments against my post are welcome... this is a community after all and all opinions are welcome” and talking about acceptance (only for you?) but then accusing others and being sarcastic with kubrak (“Looking forward to post 1,794”). I often disagree with kubrak, but I know where his 1794 posts come from, and it is from help to other users.

And everything will be alright.

There is no such thing as “***** NI pro members” as you say. There is only “Forum pro members”

• jimi8899
    jimi8899 Member Posts: 7 Member

Definitely not perceived well by you…

• LostInFoundation

Sorry..but calling us “ **** NI pro members”, telling us that our opinions means we don’t accept, saying we are partial or associated just cause we help other users here on the forum, or being sarcastic to someone who has many posts cause it’s many years that he is helping others doesn’t help…

Let’s make one thing: I’ll pretend that you didn’t practically insulted us and we start all from the beginning.

“Hi. I’m LostInFoundation. I didn’t agree with what you said. What do you think about it?”

☮️

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Seriously. Did you peruse the conditions of the sale at all? Was there an agreement from NI that they would provide you with as yet an unknown amount of products free of charge? Did you not make your purchase on the grounds of what you saw in the product description?

If you are anything like me, I only entered into the NI world inside 2 years ago and to even understand this huge ecosystem was a mission. Therefore I can understand newbie questions (if you indeed are) but even I know better than to expect a company to hand out an undisclosed amount of "free lunches" after the fact. Just so you know, like others here, I have expressed my concern about some things from NI in case you think I'm another "one of them" or "someone from NI". Im not.