serial number you have tried to activate is not assigned to a product license
I just bought a new Maschine plus and it won't go past registration. I get this message "We are sorry, but the serial number you have tried to activate is not assigned to a product license, due to a missing setting on our side. Please contact our registration support team and include this error message, your serial, and the product name."
I contacted support yesterday, How long does this take to fix or is there a fix I can do?
I don't think you can do anything but wait. In about 36 hours from now.2
Is that about average time they respond?0
They are resting today, maybe on Monday.0
Sometimes 3 and 4 days or more, but there is hope that someone will look into the forum.1
Thank! they just emailed me now am just waiting again.0
Still waiting 😔0
I just opened my new Maschine+ and have the exact same issue. It's ridiculous to tie basic functionality to registration like this. I've been using NI products for nearly 20 years and this is the first time I've bought something from them and haven't been able to use it the same day. It has put a very bad taste in my mouth. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I cannot believe you've been waiting since April 1st! That's absolutely insane!0
I have not used my Maschine since prior to the Pandemic and my 2011 Mac Pro crashed and I am trying to use Maschine 2 on my 2017 iMac.Community is it possible and if so how.I don't have access to my old serial number where can I find it and can I get this thing working again0
Your serial numbers should be all listed in your account. If you go to the NI website, you’ll find them under your account and “My products and serials”0
Checking it now from the phone browser, I notice that when you are on the products page you don’t see immediately the serials. But if you scroll to the right, they will appear.
A bigger screen doesn’t give this problem and you’ll see them without scrolling0
Same issue just bought my Maschine Plus today and cannot register. Not a good start will have to find another way to produce the M+ is useless right now.1
So that makes three of us in just the past few days with the exact same issue. I wonder how many more people are out there that bought Maschine+ this week and cannot use it? BrianH260 has now been waiting a week, with NI taking days to even respond to his issue and then making him wait at least three more days (it could more, but at least three) before replying again. As of last night he was still waiting so it's likely that he still can't use his Maschine+. That's absolutely terrible customer service!! NI has always been known to take awhile with things like license transfers but never have I bought a brand new product from them and had it bricked before even getting to use it. I'm disgusted!1
Apparently hard times are coming, look around, what is happening in the world? Sometimes I feel like there are only three people left at NI. They are on the forum, in support, and write scripts for Kontakt.1
It's upset because I did research on both the maschine+ and MPC live 2 and went with Maschine+. I spent over $1000 and it's just been sitting on my desk for over a week. I am starting to think I may want to return it and go with the MPC.0
I know how you feel. If I hadn't already owned and sold an MPC X I'd likely be doing the same but I absolutely hated the MPC way of doing things. My last Maschine was during the MK1 era and at the time, I wasn't getting along very well with it integrated into Ableton plus it also had some workflow quirks I didn't like. Now that I've read through most of the change logs as well as parts of the Maschine software manual and the Maschine+ manual, I can see that pretty much everything I wasn't a fan of has been remedied.
It has only been a couple days of waiting with a non-functional instrument for me and I'm already extremely annoyed. I can't imagine waiting more than a week with a $1,200 paperweight! I'm typically fairly laid-back and am a "let's see what we can do about this problem first before getting upset" type of person but there's something about going from being super stoked to play with a new piece of gear to it being dead in the water due to NI's poorly conceived registration process that has me irrationally angry! They could have easily implemented a demo mode with a timeout clock or something and not ruined any of the tiny bit of goodwill they have left among their user base. I've been an NI customer since the launch of FM8 back in 2007 and have been through years of Komplete purchases and upgrades, the Kore and Kore 2 eras, the early Maschine days, Traktor Pro/Pro 2 along with tons of different NI and non-NI Traktor controllers, two generations of Komplete Kontrol keyboards, various Reaktor instruments, and loads of Kontakt and Maschine expansions so I'm aware of the generally slow NI tech support and have very small expectations of them. However, rendering a brand new instrument useless out of the box is a new low in the downward spiral trajectory they seem to be following.
And yet, I still just want my Maschine+ to work and don't want to return it. I even tracked down a mint condition Maschine Jam and paid above retail so I could have an expanded step sequencer and more FX controls. I'm not too thrilled about paying $340 including tax for a used controller but since NI stupidly discontinued it, demand has shot up and any available units in excellent condition are at least $300 before shipping or tax. You'd think that since they are selling a hardware instrument that is well suited to live performance, Native Instruments would have kept the controller that significantly expands the Maschine+'s live capabilities in production but apparently the company is in shambles and overloaded with middle management personnel without any vision.
I'd planned on making the Maschine+ and Maschine Jam pair my primary portable workstation as well as integrating it into my hardware studio at home as a hub to bring everything together before it goes into Ableton. I've already ordered a 15V Birdcord and after I purchase Decksavers, a 140W power bank with dual USB-C PD ports capable of powering Maschine+/Maschine Jam and an Elektron Syntakt simultaneously, and then also purchase a larger SD card I'll be in this to the tune of roughly $2,000. It's frustrating beyond words to have it all held up for however long it's going to take to get this resolved. Native Instruments needs to hire more tech support staff. No one should have to wait at least three to four days between messages from them and to have their problem dragged out for a week or more. At this point I'm concerned that the 9 for 99 sale will be over before I get my Maschine+ activated. Considering how support is being handled, I'm reluctant to put any more money into this setup until it's actually functional.
Come on NI, step up, please!1
- 12.1K All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 545 Hangout
- 66 NI News
- 264 Tech Talks
- 1.2K Native Access
- 5.7K Komplete
- 727 Komplete General
- 1.3K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.1K Kontakt
- 564 Reaktor
- 181 Battery 4
- 312 Guitar Rig & FX
- 220 Massive X & Synths
- 261 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.6K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3K Traktor
- 2.8K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators