• Hollow
    Hollow Member Posts: 3 Member

This is a great idea!

• Miri Astro
    Miri Astro Member Posts: 11 Member

Love this concept and this community! ❤️

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru

I looked at a few profiles, and the the scores don't match their achievements at all. Some with scores less than post count, and they have badges and reactions galore. Seems odd.

Also, the idea of calling folk Pro, Guru or expert based on post count seems... just embarrassing :-/

There are a few true gurus in the Reaktor community, but they get labelled 'helper' or 'advisor', because they don't spew out multiple posts daily.

It's cool to recognise community spirit and effort, but we're not children!

• DJArt81
    DJArt81 Member Posts: 2 Member

Just realized I've been a member for 9 years, lol. And never posted.

• OTHERYOU
    OTHERYOU Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

QUICK 1, WHERE DO WE SHARE OUR MUSIC, CAN WE NOT GET BEAT CONTESTS?

• DJKöddi
    DJKöddi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

well after Metapop.com is closed I thought I'd take a look here :-)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @OTHERYOU feel free to share your work in our social club, and use the "Insert media" for SoundCloud/Bandcamp/Spotify links. There are no beat contests planned at this time, but we do have other types of competitions every now and then so keep an eye out 😃

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

Thanks for the drip

Perfect bag to carry my DVS vinyl around:

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru

@Kaiwan_NI So I noticed that I've been upgraded to guru, but no messages or DM's about swag at all?

• lord-carlos
    edited April 2023

That was just 4 work days ago :P

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

Don’t worry, they didn’t even noticed it to me. They did it for Advisor, they did it for Pro…but I just magically became a Guru without any notification, any DM or any Swag…

Maybe they finished “ Totes, t-shirts, hoodies etc.” to give to Gurus…😏

The funny thing is that now I see in YOUR profile they noticed TO YOU that I became a Guru, since it was your same day 😂

But in MY profile…no sign of it 😏

• Kaiwan_NI
  • Kaiwan_NI

Welcome all new GURUs @colB @Tellmeaboutit123 @LostInFoundation

If you haven't received a DM from me yet, please check your inbox. Swags will be on their way next week.

• lord-carlos

I got the expert label \o/

No invite to the discord yet though. No need to hurry, just thought I mention it :)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

There are a few true gurus in the Reaktor community, but they get labelled 'helper' or 'advisor', because they don't spew out multiple posts daily.

Yeah i've always thought this whole gamerfied leaderboard thing is completely biased towards those that just spam out answers. Never a chance on earth for a new user to feel accepted into it if they cannot post 30 solutions a day. Feel like there really needs to be a cooldown on users once they gain that top spot for a few months and they should then not appear on the board for a while otherwise it just seems it's a constant game to stay on top, let some others have a chance or it will be the same few users every month and no one else will even be bothered.