Two finger scrolling accidently triggering knobs/sliders

my two finger scrolling gesture on the Mac Airbook keeps accidently triggering any knob or slider the mouse is on or near. If the mouse is sitting near the crossfader, for eg, and I accidently touch the trackpad with two fingers the slider swings wildly back and forth

I have deactivated all trackpad gestures in my Mac preferences, but still I have this problem. The trackpad seems super sensitive. It doesn't seem like I can turn off two finger scrolling?

I can't see anything in Traktor preferences that pertains to this.

If I am not using my controller and only my trackpad to adjust the controls then I have the issue of the knobs or sliders swinging wildly and being hard to control.

Best Answer

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Unfortunately, this has been a problem for as long as I can remember. 

From everything I have tested recently, i.e. 3rd party apps which in the past could disable vertical scrolling no longer work with the few apps I have tried. I'll continue to test out others. Often, 3rd party apps stop functioning as designed with a new MacOS update. What you require is not currently within the Traktor GUI preferences, and it should be. Specifically, for Traktor browser scrolling.

This issue relates to vertical scrolling only. The crossfader will react to vertical scrolling and not horizontal scrolling. It may look like horizontal scrolling is at play, but it's all vertical.

You can disable all scrolling on MacOS Ventura in SYSTEM SETTINGS - ACCESSIBILITY - POINTER CONTROL - TRACKPAD OPTIONS and disable scrolling. This will not help you when needing to scroll through your library quickly. It is a system-wide change also.

Previous 3rd party apps would allow tweaked preferences only to be effective if Traktor was in focus. They worked for a while on MacOS Monterey, but I could not go without fast scrolling my music library via the Traktor browser.

As a workaround: I use a Windows mouse with a dedicated track wheel during live gigs that lightly click with each scroll. This gave me better control than a Magic Mouse. I understand you use the trackpad... some of the 3rd party apps would allow you to apply tweaked changes to Magic Mouse & Trackpad.

Maybe someone has a current solution that works for them. I'll keep looking for something, I'd been keen to test any suggestions.

Answers

• MrCee
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Unfortunately, this has been a problem for as long as I can remember. 

From everything I have tested recently, i.e. 3rd party apps which in the past could disable vertical scrolling no longer work with the few apps I have tried. I'll continue to test out others. Often, 3rd party apps stop functioning as designed with a new MacOS update. What you require is not currently within the Traktor GUI preferences, and it should be. Specifically, for Traktor browser scrolling.

This issue relates to vertical scrolling only. The crossfader will react to vertical scrolling and not horizontal scrolling. It may look like horizontal scrolling is at play, but it's all vertical.

You can disable all scrolling on MacOS Ventura in SYSTEM SETTINGS - ACCESSIBILITY - POINTER CONTROL - TRACKPAD OPTIONS and disable scrolling. This will not help you when needing to scroll through your library quickly. It is a system-wide change also.

Previous 3rd party apps would allow tweaked preferences only to be effective if Traktor was in focus. They worked for a while on MacOS Monterey, but I could not go without fast scrolling my music library via the Traktor browser.

As a workaround: I use a Windows mouse with a dedicated track wheel during live gigs that lightly click with each scroll. This gave me better control than a Magic Mouse. I understand you use the trackpad... some of the 3rd party apps would allow you to apply tweaked changes to Magic Mouse & Trackpad.

Maybe someone has a current solution that works for them. I'll keep looking for something, I'd been keen to test any suggestions.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,320 Expert

Why are you guys not using some rotary encoders to scroll through playlists?

• MrCee
    edited April 2023

Yes, there is always that but O/P didn't mention rotary encoders or the controllers. I've never used a Z1 or N1

And when you need to rummage through thousands of tracks at top speed, I always use a trackpad or mouse. A Windows mouse with a rotary encoder 🤣

Normally that's because I'm at the keyboard ready to type and I need to scroll vertically, and horizontally to see all my genres, and comments to work out the metadata.