Maschine+ Plus reset and backup, what could possibly go wrong???!!

Darewbe
Darewbe Member Posts: 8 Member

Looking to reset my Maschine+ in an effort to get my audio inputs working. The manual isn’t crystal clear about what gets reset. Could my projects depend on some of the settings that get reset? Does anyone have a solid backup strategy for such occasions? 100+ projects in before I tried the inputs.🤣

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You will lose your favorites. Which is a major PITA if you invested a considerable amount of time (several days) to mark the most appealing sounds and samples in all libraries.

Also you will have to reinstall everything (including Expansions) which requires a high speed internet connection and a couple of hours spare time.

Except for that, if you make regular backups of all content in the Maschine folder on the SD card (not only Projects), you should be fine.

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You will lose your favorites. Which is a major PITA if you invested a considerable amount of time (several days) to mark the most appealing sounds and samples in all libraries.

Also you will have to reinstall everything (including Expansions) which requires a high speed internet connection and a couple of hours spare time.

Except for that, if you make regular backups of all content in the Maschine folder on the SD card (not only Projects), you should be fine.

• Darewbe
    Darewbe Member Posts: 8 Member

Thanks @ozon that’s great (bar the favs). I’ve started building templates and got less reliant on Favs, but the time was spent. Moving to sampling a couple of hardware modules for the time being (hence the input discovery) and I never really got round to downloading my expansions. I might do a little selective expansion installation now you’ve made me think. Thanks once more for the brainwave assistance.