Is there something obscure you can overlook using the built in audio inputs on the Maschine+ Plus?

Darewbe
Darewbe Member Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2023 in Maschine

Can’t get audio in through the built in audio ports. Plugging in an id22 works great straight away but of course is less convenient. Any history of non working audio inputs? Or am I just overlooking something? I followed this guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgLYkvc9WG0&themeRefresh=1

Thanks for any input.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, there is something odd / obscure about it:

Mic and Line inputs cannot be used simultaneously. When you connect something in the MIC In, the Line inputs are automatically turned off.

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

Silly idea: Did you open the input level on the backside of the M+?

• Darewbe

Yeah, I spent a good 40 minutes trying so I tried the gain knob at various settings. Out of interest does it affect the line inputs or just the mic? Thanks for the backup thinking.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    edited March 2023

I thought it affects both, but according to the manual the input gain works only for the Mic input.

• Darewbe

Thanks again, especially as I was being lazy not just reading myself. I had a feeling that was the case, fits with my experience of other audio interfaces. One less thing I could have got confused over or that could be faulty… Must check that mic input too.

• Darewbe

Okay. Before reseting I thought I’d check the outputs (never used anything other than the headphone jack so far). All good there. Then I thought I’d recheck the inputs and accidentally plugged one channel of a tascam field recorder into the mic input. That works well and the gain range should be fine for a synth, albeit mono. But then when I set it up properly I could hear the input from the line level sockets albeit quietly about half the meter reading in maschine as in the tascam. So I’m pleased it doesn’t seem to be hardware. But I’ve still got some routing issue that’s been foxing me. I can hear the input if I choose internal - master as my sampling source. But if I choose external nothing. Slightly confused at this point but I’ll persevere!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, there is something odd / obscure about it:

Mic and Line inputs cannot be used simultaneously. When you connect something in the MIC In, the Line inputs are automatically turned off.

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 54 Member

Plugging in an id22 works great straight away

can u confirm that the id22 plug’s into the usb of the Maschine Plus works please?

• Acidizer
    Acidizer Member Posts: 24 Member

There's a setting on Maschine you need to turn up to get it to work, can't remember right now not at Maschine.