Any chance the Kontrol X1 MK1 will be M1 in the future or should I just throw it away?

Options
13»

Comments

• Opa
    Opa Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 7
    Options

I've done a first release with a proper macOS bundled application. You can find it here https://github.com/Opa-/x1-mk1-usb2midi/releases

@Matram I'll try to find time to write a step by step guide soon. Only requirement is to install "libusb" on your computer since I did not find a way to include it in the app yet. To do so you need to launch the Terminal app and install homebrew (this is a command-line package manager that will allow you to install libusb). Just copy paste the command on their website here https://brew.sh/. Once homebrew is installed you can install libusb by running the command "brew install libusb" in the same Terminal window.

After that just download the zip file from the link above and run the App, it should launch in the Dock and you should have an icon in the menu bar listing all currently connected X1 Mk1.

The first time you run the app, macOS will not run it, saying it's from an unidentified developer. You need to go in System Settings > Privacy & Security, scroll down and click "Open Anyway".

I also included a basic mapping on the release page that you can import into Traktor (created with Traktor 3, I don't know if Traktor 2 can import it). The application I made creates virtual MIDI ports using the serial number of the controller so you should put it as both Input and Output like this :

If you need additional controller, just duplicate the device, assign the In-Port & Out-Port to the other X1 Mk1 serial number and click on Edit -> AB > CD to convert the mapping :

Here's a video if needed for the later step : https://streamable.com/ziu6pa

I'll document later what MIDI channels and CC are used for each button/knob/encoder so that you can do your own mapping but if you want to change the mapping, for now, you can simply use the "Learn" feature of Traktor and click on the buttons ;)

I hope it works on your computer, do not hesitate to give feedbacks so that I can improve the tool :)

• Serj
    Serj Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
    > @Opa said:
    > I've done a first release with a proper macOS bundled application. You can find it here https://github.com/Opa-/x1-mk1-usb2midi/releases
    > @Matram I'll try to find time to write a step by step guide soon. Only requirement is to install "libusb" on your computer since I did not find a way to include it in the app yet. To do so you need to launch the Terminal app and install homebrew (this is a command-line package manager that will allow you to install libusb). Just copy paste the command on their website here https://brew.sh/. Once homebrew is installed you can install libusb by running the command "brew install libusb" in the same Terminal window.
    > After that just download the zip file from the link above and run the App, it should launch in the Dock and you should have an icon in the menu bar listing all currently connected X1 Mk1.
    > The first time you run the app, macOS will not run it, saying it's from an unidentified developer. You need to go in System Settings > Privacy & Security, scroll down and click "Open Anyway".
    > I also included a basic mapping on the release page that you can import into Traktor (created with Traktor 3, I don't know if Traktor 2 can import it). The application I made creates virtual MIDI ports using the serial number of the controller so you should put it as both Input and Output like this :
    > If you need additional controller, just duplicate the device, assign the In-Port & Out-Port to the other X1 Mk1 serial number and click on Edit -> AB > CD to convert the mapping :
    > Here's a video if needed for the later step : https://streamable.com/ziu6pa
    > I'll document later what MIDI channels and CC are used for each button/knob/encoder so that you can do your own mapping but if you want to change the mapping, for now, you can simply use the "Learn" feature of Traktor and click on the buttons ;)
    > I hope it works on your computer, do not hesitate to give feedbacks so that I can improve the tool :)

Hello. I also have a problem but with the old Reloop DJ me 2 device. RELOOP support service wrote back and said that unfortunately we couldn’t help. Maybe you can help with this equipment: Reloop Master Edition 2, Tractor 3.9. 0 90 , chip M1, Mac OS sonoma 14.3. THX
  • Opa
    Opa Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

@Serj sorry can't help you with that, it's a totally different device. My tool only works on X1 Mk1 🤷‍♂️

• El-Ekim
    El-Ekim Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

@Opa

Your Midi trick works great! I just bought a 10 year old X1 and it works perfect :)

I installed libusb with homebrew, downloaded your X1Mk1-usb2midi.zip, totally loved your icon, loaded the DecksAB.tsi into Traktor and it works flawlessly.

Tested perfectly on:

MacBook Pro 2020 with M1 chip

Mac OS Sonoma 14.3

Traktor Pro 3.11.1

Traktor Kontrole X1 mk1

Tnx 4 all that work!

• ianholdendc
    ianholdendc Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

@Opa you are a legend! very simple install and works great as far as I can see!

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    edited March 24
    Options

@Opa brought an x1 that was EOL back to life. 👌Makes me wonder if something similar could be done with a NI audio 8? Surely there has to be a way with that if it can be done with an x1. Curious to know. Where the brain guru's on this. 🤣

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,373 Expert
    Options

@Opa

Could you be so kind and add your guide on how to run this to the github readme?

I sometimes share this on reddit and people don't know how to do it. Thank you :)

• Moritz
    Moritz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

My M1 Mac with Sonoma 14 doesn't Recognise it :(

Any chance for a fix or help?

• cocodrillo3000
    cocodrillo3000 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

It worked for me too, M1 Pro Ventura 13.1

Thank you so much.

Only thing I have to find out now, is how to import my playlists from Traktor Pro 2 :-)