Problem with songs imported in Traktor Pro 2 / Pro 3

Options
Sandro_FER
Sandro_FER Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all,

Since a couple weeks I am getting an issue with some songs I am importing into my Traktor Pro 2 (also tried with Pro 3). These are a (apparently random) selection of some songs I have downloaded from itunes with M4A file format. When I listen to them with any media player they are just fine. When I load them in the Pro 2 software, the files are somewhat corrupted when I read them. The volumes are cut in random and alternating intervals during the song, which make it sound really horrible. This is also evident from the track which appears compressed in those intervals.

It seems like the problem is unrelated to the files themselves, which play normally in media players and also in the Pro 2 softwares of friends to whom I have given them with a USB. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Pro 2 and Pro3 softwares and the problem persists. I have also downloaded the songs anew, same problem.

Can someone help me?

Best Answer

• Courier4267
    Courier4267 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a known problem related to the latest Windows 11 Security patch.

Quote from https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11369/3-9-0-beta-1-uploaded/p1

Known Issues that we’re working on:

M4a files that have been bought on iTunes have Volume issues on Windows since the last security Windows 11 update.

Only workaround (as I've seen people refer to, not tried myself) is to downgrade to 22H1 (latest is 22H2) of the Windows security update, or to downgrade to Windows 10.

Answers

• Tom Wouters
    Tom Wouters Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem. No idea how to fix it. Really anoying to find out during a set I played yesterday...

• Courier4267
    Courier4267 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a known problem related to the latest Windows 11 Security patch.

Quote from https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11369/3-9-0-beta-1-uploaded/p1

Known Issues that we’re working on:

M4a files that have been bought on iTunes have Volume issues on Windows since the last security Windows 11 update.

Only workaround (as I've seen people refer to, not tried myself) is to downgrade to 22H1 (latest is 22H2) of the Windows security update, or to downgrade to Windows 10.

• INS
    INS Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
    so, I was experiencing the same Issue After updating to to the latest version. I Run Windows 10 Pro. I did find a work around. All of My Music Folders are Have a Category Name. So I went in the Browser tree And Analyzed The Music folder Tree on the left side Tractor 3 Pro. Where I was dropping new music. And I was able to analyze All the Tracks in the Folder. All tracks now showing in All Tracks Selection with Proper information and Import dates. This Could Save you time until the issues is resolved