How to change the current selected sound in Maschine SW using KK?

henriquedib
henriquedib Member Posts: 18 Member

Hi all,

When we use Maschine MK3...every time we press a pad the currently selected sound changes automatically according to the pad we just pressed, right?

How can I do the same using Komplete Kontrol Mk2? I tried everything but I can't find how...Is it possible at all?

Thanks

Best Answer

• henriquedib
    Answer ✓

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for your answer. That's what I thought, as I had tried everything with no success.

All the best! :)

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited March 2023

Try the KEY MODE button (fourth button down in the row to the left of the screen). You may have to change the octave so that it's showing you the right 16 trigger keys for that group (key-colored in sync with the pads) and I think it'll do what you want, though it's really optimized for drum groups so that you can play all the drum pad sounds on the keyboard.

I think you can do the same thing again to get back to playing the selected sound chromatically.

Another nice way of selecting a sound slot on KK S49 mk2 is if you press either the PATTERN or TRACK key, the left-most encoder allows you to scroll through all the sound slots in a particular group.

You can also press the MIXER button and then the directional encoder up and down through the Groups then Sounds and switch the selected sound that way.

By the way, I am doing all this with the Maschine software loaded and my S49 so I don't know exactly how that would compare if you were using the KK plug-in in a DAW.

• henriquedib

Hi Peter, thanks for your answer...but I do understand how to go from pad mode and keyboard mode. All good with that.

What I want to do is: when I press any of the 16 keys (while in PAD mode only!), I want that sound slot that I just pressed to be automatically selected in the SW. So we don't have to manually select it or keep switching from pad and keyboard modes...

I hope it makes sense now.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@henriquedib Unfortunately, the sounds are only automatically selected in the software when you use the pads of the Maschine controller, not with the Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

• henriquedib
    Answer ✓

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for your answer. That's what I thought, as I had tried everything with no success.

All the best! :)