Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst Deluxe - Need Help to Duplicate Settings from NI Promo

2»

Comments

• Soniclight
    Soniclight Member Posts: 18 Member

@JesterMgee - BTW, I checked out your website linked in your signature. Interesting stuff, but way over my paygrade in terms of using them, at least at first glance. And truth is, I still have difficulty using KK/NI's GUI for it's quite different from the stock Cubase and other VST GUI I'm used to.

One example - I have Musiclab's RealStrat. Totally different GUI.

At some point maybe I'll stop being such a weenie and master it better - lol.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Pricing is in AUD so on average it's under $10 USD a library so supprised it's considered above your paygrade but likely, if you used KK at all much and not forgetting the hardware means you don't have to rely on the actual GUI all that much, it makes much easier use of using most synths than having to figure things out with the mouse. Guess it's one of those areas where until you see the benefit you don't really see the benefit.

• Soniclight
    Soniclight Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2023

@JesterMgee - When I used the word "paygrade" I meant cognitive capabilities, not finances. :) My mind just isn't as sharp as it was - I'm 68 with some issues. I can't process or learn new stuff as I used to. Sometimes I feel so dense... but have to accept the what-is-is. So I digest what I can, as I can.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Ah, gotcha. Yeah it can be a world of confusion especially since there are so many aspects to the craft of music and media, what one understands and gets along with is a complete mystery to another, not to mention age, geographic location, backgrounds all play a part in it. I guess if it doesnt make much sense to you, it's likely not something you really need in your life. I can sympathise being 43 myself, you have a few decades on me there but whijle I was able to sit and learn for litterally days and days I just dont have the same drive nowdays tho it's debatable if that is lack of interest or just the fact I have many real-world responsibilities, kids etc that all need time :)

For me (and likely most people that use Komplete Kontrol) it is kind of a solution to a problem that has existed since the first VSTs came about in the 90s. While the ability to pick and choose instruments is great and so much faster than learning how to play a guitar, keyboard, drums, saxophone, oboe, violin, harmonica etc, learning the differences of each interface, finding a sound and trying to control these so you can get an idea down before you lose interest/inspiration is the growing challenge especially with things like the Komplete bundle and similar that have so much content it gets rather overwhelming to even know what plugin to open for a start.

Komplete Kontrol kind of simplifies all that into a simple browser with pre-mapped controls for your keyboard controller so if you want a certain instrument, just filter for say "Upright Piano" and presto, regardless of what plugin you have any Uprights in there are listed in the browser, load one and whatever controls are available or suitable for controlling the sound appear on your keyboard. Once you are in a DAW, switching between tracks all those controls appear on the keyboard as you naviogate around and everything is controllable and of course, hit record and those actions are recorded also. No more stopping to MIDI map and host automate everything

I am far from a musician, certainly no "professional" and just haven't the time or patience to sit and learn these days. Was keen as a kid but alas, having multiple siblings and a single low income family household in rural South Australia there was simply no real way for me to access lessons or even a guitar/piano at the time so long story short, virtual instruments and open source DAWs of the time allowed me to get into exploring my creativity using the computer I saved up to purchase myself from my first job as an 18 year old, no need to invest. Having the ability now to save all the time of browsing means it is just faster to mess around and come up with something I can work on.

Feel free to ask if you have any curiosities. If you own Komplete bundle but dont have a Komplete Kontrol keyboard then you can still make use of Komplete Kontrol software with any other MIDI keyboard to play/control things and it's all included with your content free, think of it as a central browser for everything. Not sure any of this helps with your original question tho and apologies for derailing it a bit.