Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol keyboard - Is it worth it?

xUrbanHaze
xUrbanHaze Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

Hey guys,

I wasn' sure about few things and I wanted to ask if someone tried the Maschine MK3 + Komplete Kontrol S49/61/88? How they're workflow together? Especially on production,beat-making,adding synths etc..

I've also thinked to maschine mikro mk3 + komplete kontrol a49/61 (i don't really need standalone hardwares)

Thank you

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

I'm not a big Maschine user and have a Maschine Studio not MK3 (same thing without the audio interface really) along with a KK S61 but the KK keyboard is designed to basically fit seamlessly with Maschine so you can use the screens to browse content from the keyboard and navigate your project, transport to play/record stuff. It's basically a natural extension of Maschine and if you need keys, it's pretty much the perfect option.

Can't speak of the Mikro tho, most suggest if you can afford it go for the full featured Maschine unless you have a specific need/reason for just the mikro.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,557 admin

The integration between Maschine and Komplete Kontrol keyboard is tight for sure. Plugin presets and favorites are shared across the two, and input from the keyboard is processed by Maschine's scale and chord engine live- so switching between the two should be seamless.

If you search for "Komplete Kontrol" in the Mikro manual, there are some notes on how certain features are supported by the S-Series.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,557 admin

Hey @xUrbanHaze check this post out by someone with a similar question, you might find the answer by ShelLuser useful: MK3 or Mikro preferable when already using S49 Kontrol?