Traktor Pro S4 Software and Traktor S4 MK2 - Compability with macOS Big Sur

Hello All,

I have the following two problems:

• I can't install the software "Traktor Pro S4" on my Macbook Air (macOS Big Sur 11.6.5), neither via Native Acces nor via CD.
  • I cannot install the correct driver for my Traktor S4 MK2.

Now to my initial situation: I found my long lost "Traktor S4 MK2 (incl. Traktor Pro S4 software) at my parents and wanted to install it.

Now it's just that with the serial number I can neither download "the driver" nor the "Traktor Pro (S4)" Software download and/or install, because a.) I don't have a CD-Rom port and on the other hand because "Native Access" accepted and logged in the serial number for the controller (Traktor S4 MK2), but also accepts the serial number of the Traktor Pro software (Traktor Pro S4) but doesn't log in anything afterwards.

How can I make sure that I can install a.) the driver and b.) the DJ software ?

I am in need of a very quick answer, I have already contacted support as well.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Kind regards,

Luckyluke

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,328 Expert
    Answer ✓
    • Use an older Mac version
    • Use Windows
    • Use a different controller.

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @Luckyluke, I am sorry to hear about the hassle!

To begin with, I need to clear up something up here since you are saying that the S4 included the Traktor Pro S4 software. Are the jog wheels of the controller black or silver?

• Luckyluke
    Luckyluke Member Posts: 3 Member

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your feedback. The jog wheels of my Traktor S4 MK2 Controller are black.

I can tell you that in the meantime I did the update of the serial number from "Traktor Pro S4" to the "Traktor Pro 3" software. I will also install this tonight via Native Access.

However, I still want to be sure about the drivers. what can i do ?

In this sense, thank you for your feedback, cheers.

Luc

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Aye, thanks for specifying! As I suspected, your controller is a MK1 model. I am very sorry to let you know that it is not compatible with any macOS version higher than 10.14 (Mojave).

The official support had already been dropped with 10.12 (Sierra), but with a few tweaks this first S4 generation could still be used. This loophole got closed in 10.15 (Catalina).

• Luckyluke
    Luckyluke Member Posts: 3 Member

So what can i do ?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,328 Expert
    Answer ✓
    • Use an older Mac version
    • Use Windows
    • Use a different controller.