Create custom drumkit group on computer in maschine2 software, export and transfer to maschine+

DJ P! Sound
DJ P! Sound Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2023 in Maschine

Hi all,

title says what I want to do.

The answer existed in this thread in the old form: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/create-drumkit-on-computer-and-transfer-to-maschine-plus.437317/

Unfortunately not reachable anymore.

If I "save with samples" from Maschine2 ... where would I wanna put the output on the Maschine+ SD card?

Thanks!

Dennis

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer βœ“

With the project open in the Maschine software, go to the File menu then Save Project with Samples. By default it'll put it in the same directory where it saves your Projects normally (usually Documents Native Instruments - Maschine 2 -Projects) Where it will save with the project name you gave it and then a subdirectory inside Projects with the exact same name as the project file.

Then copy that project file and that subdirectory to the M+ SD card under Native Instruments - Maschine - Projects.

Personally I find it easier to just copy the whole Projects folder from the computer to the M+ SD card under Native Instruments - Maschine then if there are name collisions just say NO to overwriting them and you'll end up with the newest versions on both sides.

Just keep in mind that if you try to open projects that were created on the computer in M+ you will get errors where it doesn't have the same plugins, but it doesn't do any damage, just don't resave it on M+.

FYI going the other direction usually works perfectly well too as long as you used Save Project with Samples on the M+. πŸ‘

Answers

• Peter Harris
    edited March 2023 Answer βœ“

With the project open in the Maschine software, go to the File menu then Save Project with Samples. By default it'll put it in the same directory where it saves your Projects normally (usually Documents Native Instruments - Maschine 2 -Projects) Where it will save with the project name you gave it and then a subdirectory inside Projects with the exact same name as the project file.

Then copy that project file and that subdirectory to the M+ SD card under Native Instruments - Maschine - Projects.

Personally I find it easier to just copy the whole Projects folder from the computer to the M+ SD card under Native Instruments - Maschine then if there are name collisions just say NO to overwriting them and you'll end up with the newest versions on both sides.

Just keep in mind that if you try to open projects that were created on the computer in M+ you will get errors where it doesn't have the same plugins, but it doesn't do any damage, just don't resave it on M+.

FYI going the other direction usually works perfectly well too as long as you used Save Project with Samples on the M+. πŸ‘

• DJ P! Sound
    edited March 2023

Wow, thanks a lot for the fast reply!

Tried it with my project and it works. Tried the same with saving only the group (also with samples) and dropped it in the corresponding folder on my SD card and it also works :-)

• Peter Harris

Glad to hear it. It's very handy being able to round trip projects between the two maschines.

• DJ P! Sound

Hi @Peter Harris,

was playing around with it a bit and ran into the issue that you described /w regards to the plugins...

In my case I got "the following plugins could not be loaded massive (vst3)", could press ok and all other samples were working, but the Massive pad was not playing a sound.

For sure I can search for the Massive Instrument and add it to the pad again.. but is there any option for the export from the Maschine2 software so the plugin is also transferred/does not get lost on M+?

• Peter Harris

I think that occurs when the VST3 version of a plug-in is loaded on the Maschine 2 software version of a project. So unfortunately I think the only way to have it round trip successfully would be to (manually?) make sure that the VST (2) version of Massive (in this example) is the one loaded originally. In expansions for example I think this must generally be the case when they are created to make them cross-compatible.

Next time I'm in front of both systems I will see if I can confirm this theory.

I suppose you could alteratively temporarily remove the VST3 plug-in for Massive on the computer and see if that causes it to default to the earlier one.

I also have a vague recollection that there is a toggle in the settings somewhere that defaults to the newest version of NI plugins so maybe if that's toggled off it would do the same thing. (I'll also check this if I get a chance.)

• Peter Harris

This is the preferences item I was thinking of.

Maybe if you toggle off Massive VST3 and toggle off "Always use latest version of NI plugins" it might fix that?