How do I get rid of this noise?

SMGS_MUSIC
SMGS_MUSIC Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2023 in Tech Talks

I got a Komplete Audio 2 interface and when I plug it into my pc, my speakers make that buzzing sound (mostly low end). In addition to that, when I turn on the RGB of my new keyboard, there's a beeping sound (around 3 kHz) probably caused by the rgb (I know that, because I can turn off the beeping by switching to a profile without rgb).

Here's the thing: I've already tested my setup on another device (laptop) and when I plug the interface into the laptop, everything is working fine, no buzz no beeping, just the way it should be. As soon as I connect it back to my pc, the buzzing and beeping is coming back.

I have already tried to plug all devices into one console to prevent a ground loop but the issue won't go away. Hopefully someone has a solution to my problem, it's driving me crazy

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod

Hello,

you could try a "noise isolation transformer", this, at least, should remove the low hum noise. Like this one: https://youtu.be/fV_hsFK1MnA

• SMGS_MUSIC

Ok I could live with the humming (silent enough) but could anyone tell me how to fix the beeping produced by my keyboard?

• Uwe303

with the same device i posted, and with high quality shielded cables

• SMGS_MUSIC

I just bought a pair of symmetric cables and a Behringer HD400. Hope it'll work

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

I think so, symmetrical cable is made exactly for that issues, where the noise signal is phase canceled, and the music adds up cause of same phase.

• SMGS_MUSIC

I'll hereby close this question. The cables already did a lot of a difference. I barely hear any disturbing sound. Thanks again (Danke Uwe)

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Well, generally the disturbance may come to KA2 by USB. Not sure if KA2 may be also powered by external source and not just ny USB. It would help IMHO. The power source without ripple makes things much better....