Kontakt Factory Library 2 - won't install

MancioMusic
MancioMusic Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi everybody!

I hope you can help me! I just ought the Komplete 14 Standard. I've installed everything on a new hard drive but I can't get to install the KFL2!!! I always get the message: "Insufficient disk space to download or install..." even if I have more than 110 GB of free space.

I tried:

• reinstall Native Access
  • change the hard drive location in "preference"
  • change the hard drive location to "Locate position"
  • I've gone through all the NI help desk possibilities but without success
  • I've also tried to contact NI via mail but I haven't found any in order to receive support

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Maurizio

Best Answer

• MancioMusic
    Answer ✓

Hallo Uwe,

thanks for your support!

I did check your link, I've already seen it but it gave me the input to try to install on a different hard drive with more space and I succeed!

The problem is that the installation of such a big expasion needs almost 4 times the its space, so if the expasioni is 40GB it needs 160GB of free space. In the previous drive I had only 120 GB and i tought it was enough but it wasn't!

So, i hope this post will help others, my advice is to buy a brand news usb 3 ssd 1TB external drive and download everything there! 

Thanks a lot!

Maurizio

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

have you tried to change the download folder? And/or delete all files in download folder. On mac maybe this: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001284225-Native-Access-Error-Message-Installation-has-been-prevented-You-do-not-have-enough-free-drive-space-to-install-the-products-

• MancioMusic
    Answer ✓

Hallo Uwe,

thanks for your support!

I did check your link, I've already seen it but it gave me the input to try to install on a different hard drive with more space and I succeed!

The problem is that the installation of such a big expasion needs almost 4 times the its space, so if the expasioni is 40GB it needs 160GB of free space. In the previous drive I had only 120 GB and i tought it was enough but it wasn't!

So, i hope this post will help others, my advice is to buy a brand news usb 3 ssd 1TB external drive and download everything there! 

Thanks a lot!

Maurizio