How do I install outside keyboard

Jennjess48
Jennjess48 Member Posts: 4 Member

Do I use the midi? Is there another way besides using midi?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately it's kind of a difficult one because I still have no idea what he is trying to do. There is a pretty big difference in capability between trying to connect a MIDI keyboard to something and instead using the Microphone.... Rather confused at this point.

Also, in terms of this:

"found out that he can't use the midi because the screen on the keyboard is broken"

What screen on what keyboard and why does that affect MIDI?

Again, not wanting to make things hard for you, but we need to know the models of things and what the aim of everything is. As a starter, if he is blind I am unsure if Maschine is a good option.

Maybe some photos of what everything is and a simple explination such as:

"We have Maschine software and a Maschine MK3. We would like to connect this keyboard (model xyz) to be able to use it to play instruments loaded into Maschine. It has a MIDI DIN port and a USB, what should we use."

Otherwise the only answer I have at this stage is "No idea"

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Bring it indoors!

But seriously, for help from people you need to provide information like Hardware, USB?, Programs, Computer and also, Gendre, Pronouns, are you vaccinated, favourite movies...

More important than all of that. Do you believe in UFOs?

• Jennjess48

Lol I know my bad but honestly I'm so clueless but trying to assist my friend. I know he runs his mashine mk3 thru windows 10 if that helps lol. Also I am vaccinated. Fave movie would have to be sixteen candles lol yes I'm old and sure UFOs r possible hahaha

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Let's not come up with some unnecessary off-topic every single time. It's annoying and doesn't help the original poster (Jennjess48) at all.

Jennjess48, are you/your friend questioning if an external MIDI keyboard can be connected to the MASCHINE MK3?

• Jennjess48

He doesn't want to go thru midi. Says he doesn't need too but when I connected it straight in n output it's not working. No sound.

• JesterMgee

I think you really need to explain/list in detail what you have and what you are trying to achieve because there is simply not enough info here to work with in regards to what you are even trying to do.

What we have so far is (you or your friend):

• Are on Windows 10
    • Have a Maschine MK3
    • Have (some kind) of other keyboard you want to connect to something for some reason which may or may not have USB

As a suggestion for the future, try explain exactly what you have and what you are trying to achieve, detailing the software and hardware in use because if you read this without any pre-context:

"How do I install a Keyboard outside, Do I use the midi? Is there another way besides using midi?"

It raises so many more questions than the question itself.

• Install what keyboard?
    • Install Where? Outside of what exactly?
    • For what purpose?
    • Are you trying to attach to a controller to something?
    • What software is in use?
    • What OS?
    • Does the keyboard have only MIDI or USB (model would help)?
    • "Another way besides MIDI" for what purpose....

Typical example that this compares to is if you jumped onto a mechanics forum and asked this same question:

"My car doesnt work, what might the problem be..."

Without a mention of what kind of car and exactly what "doesnt work", not going to garner too many serious replies.

• Jennjess48

Ok so I found out that he can't use the midi because the screen on the keyboard is broken. He said that we can go thru the microphone. So I am totally new to all of this n my friend is blind so not to be funny but we r kind of the blind leading the blind. So how do I hook up a microphone to the mashine mk3? I will read over the manual again to see if him telling me this information helps the process. Sorry for not being explicit and appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately it's kind of a difficult one because I still have no idea what he is trying to do. There is a pretty big difference in capability between trying to connect a MIDI keyboard to something and instead using the Microphone.... Rather confused at this point.

Also, in terms of this:

"found out that he can't use the midi because the screen on the keyboard is broken"

What screen on what keyboard and why does that affect MIDI?

Again, not wanting to make things hard for you, but we need to know the models of things and what the aim of everything is. As a starter, if he is blind I am unsure if Maschine is a good option.

Maybe some photos of what everything is and a simple explination such as:

"We have Maschine software and a Maschine MK3. We would like to connect this keyboard (model xyz) to be able to use it to play instruments loaded into Maschine. It has a MIDI DIN port and a USB, what should we use."

Otherwise the only answer I have at this stage is "No idea"