How do I connect my mic with Maschine MK3 in Logic Pro?

Smitha229
Smitha229 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Maschine

How do I connect my mic with maschine mk3 with logic pro..I'm getting no sound...who can help me

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Are you using the MK3 as the audio Interface for Logic?

• Smitha229
    edited March 2022

Yes I am....I'm just starting really don't know what to do...that what I wanna do if best what you think..I have the microphone plug to the mk3 but I might have the input wrong...I'm using blue too headphones

• DIS-ONE
    DIS-ONE Member Posts: 34 Helper

Do you have a audio interface??? And if you are plugging into the Maschine MK3/plus. You need your monitor input turned on to hear what’s going through it. But if you don’t have a audio interface. It’s best to invest into one.

• Smitha229

No I'm just using the maschine mk3...as the interface....I am trying it now...I'm just missing something simple might be what u mention....

• jacqui brookes
    jacqui brookes Member Posts: 40 Member

Same here, used to be able to record a vocal on mk3, but now it doesn't work.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @jacqui brookes did you recently update your OS or the software?

• jacqui brookes
    jacqui brookes Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2022

Yes, my old iMac died on me, everything worked perfectly then, so now have Mac mini M1 big Sur and now can't record via line in or mic? Into Maschine 2. Thanks for reply, any help really appreciated .

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

In plug in mode the inputs don’t work in Maschine Mk3. In Standalone eveything is just fine.

I manged to use Mk3 interface input for other instances of Logic X.

My bet is, you need to take sound in from audio channel in Logic and route it to Maschine. I’ll look into it today.

• Impermanence

No use. Didn't work.

• Smitha229

So what I need to do on standalone mode. It's a step I'm missing don't know what

• Impermanence

Why is this tagged answered?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Either you or a Moderator would be the only ones allowed to mark as answered, so if you did not, maybe a mod did in error.

• Kaiwan_NI

@Smitha229 Can you double-check that the Mic Gain knob is turned up on the back of the hardware? I'm looping our expert in as well @Jeremy_NI do you have any advice on what the OP needs to check?

• Kaiwan_NI

@jacqui brookes This is probably a different issue than the OP's since yours work before the upgrade. Could it be related to your mac's permission settings?

MASCHINE 2 Does Not Receive an Audio Signal with macOS 10.14 (or higher)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Smitha229 You need to activate the input here: