Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3

Options

Comments

• mraak47
    mraak47 Member Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi, will it be possible with the new KK SMK3 keyboards to configure two assignable pedal inputs for pedals to trigger/play sounds? For example I would like to play kick drum sounds with 2 pedals connected to the pedal inputs (when Kontakt drum instrument library, for example Studio Drummer, is loaded into DAW as a VST plugin). Thanks!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Maschine may just need updates to the software itself (let's face it it must do if it is going to allow aftertouch to work - Maschine has never really had 'tight' integration with NI keyboards because of this anyway). Just because someone with a pre release model couldn't make it work with Maschine doesn't necessarily mean all support has been removed (although yes, the dedicated buttons are missing)

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

2023 and no touchscreen...? Seriously...? Built-in audio interface...? Entire thing made of aluminum (like Arturia)...? Sliders (it's not like there isn't any room)...?

• Kev68
    Kev68 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Looks fantastic - any chance of a keyboard-less module?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    Options

I would like hammer keyboard smaller than 88 keys? It is hard to impossible to carry S88 and it is not pleasant to play on smaller semiweighted....

Any chance?

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    Options

Hope never dies.... ;-)

• Kymeia
    Options

I would have loved one previously as I have several keyboards but none with Poly AT except for a Seaboard block so I need the new keyboard now

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 187 Advisor
    Options

Maschine MK3 already supports Poly AT. The only thing that was lacking was support for it in the Maschine Software itself. It works in other DAWs that support it :-P

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes I know the hardware uses aftertouch from the pads and I guess that’s why the software filters it out from keyboards so the 2 sources of AT don’t clash, but I hope now NI will be more motivated to address that incompatibility. At least make the filtering of keyboard AT an option - like having a pad mode and keyboard mode

• ALDREAD
    ALDREAD Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Options

I would like to see the smart play features work in standalone midi mode , as it has a computer on board, hopefully you can make this possible .

This discussion has been closed.