Redownloading.

I will be moving computers as I have said. I would like to know if it would be best for me to transfer my Kontakt stuff onto a hard drive and then to the new computer. Or would it be just fine for me to redownload everything from Native Access. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,252 Expert
    Answer ✓

My rule usually is: libraries - no reinstallation. Programs (with exe) - reinstalling. But I don’t know if it is mandatory. I follow this rule because usually programs with executables install little files and connections here and there, so it’s more probable just moving their folder won’t work. And in any case they are not so big to redownload and reinstall (they are not Thrill library with 31.6 Gb to download…).

Installing in a new computer shouldn’t give any problem, specially because you uninstalled them from previous one

Answers

• LostInFoundation

Probably first possibility would be faster

Will you also keep the previous computer in use?

• Distressed Motion
    Distressed Motion Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2023

Yes, I would factory reset the computer first so I have no NI products on it. I just wanted to know if redownloading can cause problems if you have changed computers multiple times? Also can you move instruments on a hard drive (eg massive x) or do those need to be downloaded on a new device?

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

My rule usually is: libraries - no reinstallation. Programs (with exe) - reinstalling. But I don’t know if it is mandatory. I follow this rule because usually programs with executables install little files and connections here and there, so it’s more probable just moving their folder won’t work. And in any case they are not so big to redownload and reinstall (they are not Thrill library with 31.6 Gb to download…).

Installing in a new computer shouldn’t give any problem, specially because you uninstalled them from previous one