Old sessions with kontakt 5 on a MacOs 12 Mac?

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 63 Member
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

I was asked to re mix an old session from 2017 in Logic Pro x.... about 80% of the piece was using Kontakt 5 and various orchestral libraries. Six years later I have upgraded to Kontakt 7. I was assuming kontakt 7 would just open the patch that is still on my hard drives but I guess not. Any ideas on how to move forward? I'm in Mac OS 12 Monterrey now. Will kontakt 5 even work on the new Macs?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

What about trying Kontakt 6? Or Kontakt 6 and after that Kontakt 7. Maybe that transition works only step by step....

I doubt Kontakt 5 would run on Aple Silicon Macs even under Rosetta. But I may be wrong. I am not Mac user.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@Michael Terry What kind of Mac do you have? Intel? M1? Kontakt 5 is not officially supported on MacOS 12 but it could work. You could then open your old projects with Kontakt 5, create Kontakt 7 tracks and open the same instruments/libraries (for future proofing).

Unfortunately at the moment, Logic will not load automatically older versions of Kontakt in the new one. this is something that will be eventually possible but not in the near future.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.