Software available for download for second-hand Maschine Mikro MK3?

BillK@FalconHeights
BillK@FalconHeights Member Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I have the opportunity to pick up a used inexpensive N.I. Maschine Mikro mk3 to use as a controller for my Reaper DAW.

On the Quest for Groove site, it was stated that this was a good option BUT you had to make sure it comes with the software.

Assuming the license can be transferred, Isn't any software you would need available at N.I. for download?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

With a proper license transfer, you would get all the software that was bundled with the controller when it was originally purchased which would include the Maschine Software! If no official transfer can happen, you need to contact support and they will attempt to make an official transfer happen as they will attempt to contact the registered user (more than likely to see if the controller might have been stolen) and if that person can not be contacted, you have the option to purchase the software…

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

With a proper license transfer, you would get all the software that was bundled with the controller when it was originally purchased which would include the Maschine Software! If no official transfer can happen, you need to contact support and they will attempt to make an official transfer happen as they will attempt to contact the registered user (more than likely to see if the controller might have been stolen) and if that person can not be contacted, you have the option to purchase the software…

• BillK@FalconHeights

"With a proper license transfer, you would get all the software that was bundled with the controller"

And this would be provided by NI as a download?

• Blindeddie

Yes, you would create an NI account, register the license transfer in the account, download Native Access (the download/installation portal), log in and the software would be available for download and install.

• BillK@FalconHeights
    edited February 2022

Interesting. Over on a FB forum, they basically said the same thing, BUT added that I would still need to pay for the software.

• Blindeddie

Not if a proper license transfer is made…

• SHFX
    SHFX Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi guys i have purchased a micro with no software but cant find where to purchase it, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

As is written in the accepted answer, if you register the Mikro license (the previous owner should ask for a license transfer and forward you the new serial they will give him), you’ll get the software(s).

If you don’t have that option, I have a couple of unregistered Maschine licenses (one for the full package with the full Maschine factory library, one with the Maschine factory selection). And also some other instruments and some expansions. If you are interested, DM me