Maschine Plus is Busy... Loading forever

wuwu13
wuwu13 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Maybe somebody already has the same issue...

I have finished my projects on the Maschine 2 Software running on my MacBook Pro. The Maschine 2 Software version is the latest available 2.17.0+0. After transferring them to the SD Card in my Maschine Plus I have tried to load the projects in standalone mode. The messages Busy... and Loading appear and stay there forever. The Maschine Plus freezes in this state.

On the Maschine Plus I have the System Version 1.4.5.2 running. In the line below it states that the Maschine Version is 2.16.1 (R0) running on the Maschine Plus.

Could that be the issue that the Maschine Version is different in the Maschine 2 Software and in the Maschine Plus Software?

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited April 2023

The different versions are not the culprit (they will always be different, being them 2 different products).

One idea that comes to mind is if you used something on computer that isn’t available on the Plus.

Are you sure all the plugins used in the computer are compatible with the (limited) ones on the Plus?

Or did you bounce everything to audio and there are no plugins in the project?

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru

It's possible the issue is version related. Wasn't 2.16 the version which supposedly mirrors M+ OS 1.4.5?

Might be safer to downgrade back to 2.16 Maschine desktop if maximum project compatibility between desktop and M+ standalone is desired.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

I don’t think (or I hope not 😶) that they made an update that removed this compatibility. It would really be a very strange update…(and I used strange not to say stupid…)

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

It is always like that: Older Maschine version cannot open Projects saved by newer Maschine version.

• LostInFoundation

He is not trying to open a new version saved project into an old version. He is trying to open a Maschine desktop project into Maschine +

• tetsuneko

Maschine desktop project compability with M+ standalone has always been fragile. Wouldn't be the first time a desktop update broke compatibility, and will not be the last time either..

I could be wrong of course, but this is my number 1 suspicion..

• LostInFoundation
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited April 2023

Yes, I know, I’m an M+ user as well and have been using Maschine since version 1.8 and it is exactly as described.

M+ (running Maschine 2.16.1) cannot be expected to open Projects saved by Maschine 2.17.0 application, or vice versa. A fact which results in hilarious fun when beta testing.

Most people never run into this, because they rarely get into the situation of using more than one system with divergent versions.

• wuwu13

Thank you very much for your quick replies... Actually there are no plugins running in the projects that I tried to open in Maschine Plus. I bounced everything into audio and that is basically it.... just some .wav files to be played back in sync with the option to mute each track separately. Everything works as it is meant to be in the Maschine 2 software on the MacBook Pro. It is just not working to load that on the Maschine Plus.

It shows the same behavior if I try to load a group of samples made on the Maschine 2 software with no additional plugins running. I hope that NI gets aware of those troubles and there will be a fix for that issue soon.

• wuwu13

Actually I am running the latest available software on both devices, there is no later version available until now. I hope that NI will release and update for the Maschine Plus to ensure compatibility when running the latest versions available. I totally agree that most people should not run into this problem, it's just a fact that the version numbers in both devices are not the same.

• tetsuneko
    edited April 2023

This sort of thing happens every time Maschine desktop gets updated and M+ doesn't immediately get a matching update. I have asked NI to be more vocal about this issue, but they don't always remember to add the disclaimers about needing the matching versions on both desktop and M+ standalone. Thankfully you can contact NI support and ask for them to send you a previous version of Maschine desktop software(s)

We need to wait for M+ version to catch up with the desktop, and never updating either software version until both platforms have version parity available. This is the exact reason why I dont update Maschine desktop related software on my project studio computer until M+ standalone versions update.

• LostInFoundation

I think I was wrong and ozon and tetsuneko gave you the right answer. I didn’t know Maschine and desktop runs the same software, I thought they were 2 different versions (not in the meaning of “number”, but completely different softwares).

Therefore: even if you have the latest versions available installed in the 2 of them, they are not the same version (Maschine+ didn’t get the update yet) and it can’t load a project created with a newer version.

Quite dumb move from NI, if you ask me…

• wuwu13

Thanks a lot for all your replies, I also contacted NI Support and will post the solution they came up with as soon as possible. I am quite new to Maschine, good to know that it would be wise to check the Version first in M+ and then to decide if an available update of the M2 Software is a good decision to keep compatibility on both devices.

• wuwu13

After a whole lot of trial and error I got everything working as I wanted it to.

I checked that one group that is containing just one-shot samples prevented the whole project to load correctly. That group was made in M2 Version 2.17 and it is impossible to load that on the M+. As I removed the group from the project everything was loading and working fine on the M+, just without those one-shot samples.

The solution was to transfer the audio files (one-shots) to the Maschine + and to make the whole group again from scratch on the Maschine +. Thereafter I copied the group (with samples) back to my MacBook, opening that in Maschine 2. Thereafter I just loaded the newly made group in the projects, saved them again with samples and transferred the whole thing back to the Maschine +. Now the projects load on the Maschine + and they are all working just as in the Maschine 2 Software on the MacBook.

Maybe this workaround helps somebody experiencing the same issues, nevertheless I hope that there will be a fix for that with the next update.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

NI need to sort out this s**t show once and for all and either state that M+ is legacy and no longer supported, or simply DO NOT put out Maschine updates on the desktop until they have all their ducks in a row and can release for M+ too, its their headline hardware product, disgraceful.