Hot cues disappearing when editing track information or loading a new track to the deck

TheOven
TheOven Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

This is a new problem for me. Traktor Pro 3.8.0 with a S2 MK3.

Let's say I am editing and setting hotcues, beat grids, genres, etc for 10 new songs I have added to my library. I'll change the grid, then set in points, add my loops and hotcues. Then I'll go into the information for the track (right click, edit) to change the name, comments, and genre.

When I hit "apply" or "okay" ALL of my cues and even the beat grid is re-set back to standard. If I right click and re-open edit and then hit "apply" or "okay" without changing anything ALL my hotcues I just set return. So that's a work around or just editing the track info first. Okay. Annoying but doable.

But the problem also persists when changing tracks. So I'll set the grid, hotcues, everything is fine then I will load in the next track I want to prepare. If I go back to the previous track I have edited all the hotcues are gone, back to the original beat grid, etc. I have not found a way to get those return when they disappear in this case.

Every solution I have found online doesn't seem to help. Deleting NI folder, keeping only my current version of Traktor in that folder, etc.

I am at a loss as to what to do as it makes progress on setting up songs highly annoying and finnicky. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,734 mod
    Answer ✓

Check Preferences--File Management--Tag writing mode. If it is set to 'Write all tags to files' and your files are write protected, it is possible that this could be the conflict. If so, either remove the write protection from your files or set the Tag writing mode to 'Do not write any tags to files'.

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Check Preferences--File Management--Tag writing mode. If it is set to 'Write all tags to files' and your files are write protected, it is possible that this could be the conflict. If so, either remove the write protection from your files or set the Tag writing mode to 'Do not write any tags to files'.

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

• TheOven
    TheOven Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

I am semi-having the same issue.

For those returning through search engines with a similar problem:

The problem still seems to persist when I change the "write all tags to files" suggestion and changed my USB stick with my music to not be write protected.

The second solution "do not write any tags to files" seems to have fixed the problem of switching songs and the hot cues disappearing.

That being said, the problem still happens when I "edit" the songs info, genre, etc and hit apply/OK. It doesn't appear to happen as much but it still happens. That being said I just make sure to edit the info of the song first, and if the deck has changed tracks and brings back the track and then edit the info the hotcues remain there!

• Sûlherokhh

Good to hear you are at least progressing... 👍