Fastest way to detect sound from internal source ( youtube,wav file,etc...) and sample it.

Poliformia
Poliformia Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi. I feel there should be an easier way than what i am used to

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

There's a few ways:

• Installing external software/drivers that add that functionality. (there's free stuff out there for both Mac and Win)
    • Buying an interface with loopback functionality built-in.
    • Physically connecting your interface output to it's input with audio cables (quite the PITA if your interface only has 1 stereo out)
    • Some folks use their phone corrected to their interface also via audio cables.

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 337 Guru

I have a loopback channel setup on my interface.

• aafanatic
    aafanatic Member Posts: 35 Helper

I am using a Zoom UAC-2 audio interface and when I set the sampler input to “external” any sound outside of the Maschine app that is still inside my computer can be sampled.

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper

Could you be a little more specific how you have it set up. The only way I'm able to sample something is I bought a special cable that hooks up to my iPhone and then plugs into the "line in" at the back of my MK3. I then have to change my audio preferences in maschine to the MK3 as the audio input interface in order for maschine to "hear" my iPhone. When I'm not sampling I'm hooked up to a mac mini through a Clarett 2Pre interface. If there's an easier way to sample from youtube etc. using the computer that I'm running maschine on instead of having to hook up my iPhone everytime I'd love to get more information on how to accomplish that. Thanks!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

There's a few ways:

• Installing external software/drivers that add that functionality. (there's free stuff out there for both Mac and Win)
    • Buying an interface with loopback functionality built-in.
    • Physically connecting your interface output to it's input with audio cables (quite the PITA if your interface only has 1 stereo out)
    • Some folks use their phone corrected to their interface also via audio cables.
  • aafanatic
    aafanatic Member Posts: 35 Helper

The Clarett 2Pre interface comes with mixing software, is there any loop back in there? My Zoom UAC-2 came with mixing software and I thought that the loop back was dependent on that, but the software was not M1 compatible so I was going to get another interface. Then I noticed that the meters for sampling were picking up sound from youtube when set to external. I thought that you might want to try it before doing all that work. 🎁