How to use Maschine (software) as a *hands-free* live-looper, with MIDI Footswitches?
Many would like to mimick the workflows of hardware looper pedals (e.g. Pigtronix Infinity), or of excellent software solutions, in combination with MIDI footswitch, like Quantiloop or Loopy Pro on iPad/IPhone, in the Windows World.
Here are a few context parameters:
- Maschine software only, no hardware (since my Maschine MK2 stays at home, at the desk)
- MIDI Footswitch for "track" change / addition, arming, play, stop, overdub etc.
- ABLETON IS NOT AN OPTION AND WILL NEVER BE 😅
How does one set a generic preset/project (with min. 4-6 'tracks'), so that a similar functionality of existing hands-free loopers is achieved? Can MIDI CC be mapped for detailed commands or parameters, like track/pattern/take select, arm on/off , play/stop/global stop etc. etc. etc.
PS: is there a audio looper solution in Kontakt or Reaktor, that I should know of?
- 3.9K All Categories
- 16 Welcome
- 195 Hangout
- 30 NI News
- 89 Tech Talks
- 345 Native Access
- 1.8K Komplete
- 211 Komplete General
- 397 Komplete Kontrol
- 686 Kontakt
- 213 Reaktor
- 55 Battery 4
- 114 Guitar Rig & FX
- 89 Massive X & Synths
- 65 Other Software & Hardware
- 968 Maschine
- 9 Sampling Room
- 778 Traktor
- 681 Traktor Software & Hardware