NI reverbs

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 55 Member

I’ve noticed that there is no AU versions of the R24 and R 48 reverbs. Working in DP I could not access them… n studio one only the VST version was available…. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Michael Terry
    Answer ✓

No worries…. Reinstalled from NA… all is good.... HOWEVER... I'm doing a reverb tutorial with Matt Weiss and a big part of the discussion is reverb time.... or the decay of the verb. Setting a reverb time on a snare for instance to last a full quarter note let's say 1400 ms. On the RC24 and the RC48, I don't see a way to set the actual reverb time.... anybody out there? Maybe a video tutorial that addresses this.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited February 2023

Hello,

I'm not a mac user myself so i can't test it, but there are a few plugin wrappers out there that could work, maybe this one: https://github.com/kushview/Element

• yore
    yore Member Posts: 3 Member

Yes there is, just double checked it.

• Uwe303

Found this on the website from R24:

Supported interfaces:Windows (64-bit only): VST, VST3, AAXMac OS X (64-bit only): VST, VST3, AU, AAX

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I guess, they are AU, but not native Apple Silicon AU.

• Uwe303
    edited February 2023

On the website it also says something about M1!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/effects/rc-24/

• Kubrak

I know. But a guy with AS told me that there is not AS AU, yet. And insisted on that, even thought I directed hin to that NI page. I am not on Mac, so I cannot verity. Yes, NI states that there are M1 AUs for most of M1 native VST3 plugins, but not for all.

My guess is, that untill there is final release of DAW that uses AU, there is nothing to test it on.... So, no release of AU native AS, yet. I know, there is beta of DAW, but things may change and prereleased AU plugins might suddenly have problems in final DAW release. Lots of complaints, lots of work with new plugin rereleases...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited February 2023

NI FX that they say are AS native are native for the AU too - simple way to check is to download the app Silicon from here - it can scan plugins as well as applications - it says both RC's run in native mode, as do the other NI AUs - I don't have DP but they run fine in my other AU supporting hosts including Logic

https://imazing.com/downloads

• Kubrak

OK, so that guy was wrong.... It seemed that he knows, he is speaking about. And no one else joined that thread saying, that there are AS native AUs...

• Michael Terry
    Answer ✓

No worries…. Reinstalled from NA… all is good.... HOWEVER... I'm doing a reverb tutorial with Matt Weiss and a big part of the discussion is reverb time.... or the decay of the verb. Setting a reverb time on a snare for instance to last a full quarter note let's say 1400 ms. On the RC24 and the RC48, I don't see a way to set the actual reverb time.... anybody out there? Maybe a video tutorial that addresses this.