We need a spectral analyzer for Maschine HW (On Screen)

Reed
Reed Member Posts: 39 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Push 2 has one, would be awesome to have on Maschine HW screens. It'd make EQing a whole lot more fun

Comments

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 28 Advisor

I quite agree that it would be interesting to have a stock plug-in directly on maschine, easily accessible.

In the meantime, for the moment I use free plug-ins like Voxengo SPAN or MeldaProduction tools for visual monitoring. Works good enough.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If you want fun at EQing.... Eventide's SplitEQ might help... It has spectral analyzer and few more things.

Eventide SplitEQ Plug-in Overview & Demo - YouTube

• Reed

Can it be used through the Maschine's screens though? That's what I mean.

• Kubrak

One can see parameters on screens and modify them. Like with any plugin. I do not have yhat plugin yet, so do not know, how well are parameters mapped to knobs....

But if you ask, if spectrum may be visible on Maschine HW screens, then no, it is not possible.

• Analog Sol
    Analog Sol Member Posts: 18 Member

Sounds nice, but I would prefer they fix the Low Pass Filter first. There is no neutral position where it does not color and change the sound. The HPF is fine though.

• Kubrak

No, Maschine MK3/Studio/Plus does not have anything like it for plugins.

• Kubrak

Maybe it could be implemented in hypotetical Maschine Studio Expansion Unit. It would be an atractive selling feature....

I guess, we will design it step by step, and inspire NI so that it becomes true. One day.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

I certainly hope not, I absolutely despise the idea of saving software features to sell new HW. I rather pay for updates and get it on the current gen if profit is the problem.

• Kubrak

I understand you. But it often works like that. Product segmentation and so.

Like there is no NI support for Maschine MK3 or Maschine Jam to be used with Traktor.... They probably fear less Traktor HW would be sold.....

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

Sure, but that only seems like a viable approach for companies where the HW is the primary source of revenue, with NI it's the opposite, they make big bucks with SW. I bet that Expansions generate more revenue than selling MAS Controllers, Traktor must have something else other than selling new HW to make it profitable overall as a platform I assume, not sure as I don't pay much attention to it tbh.

Historically new MAS devices always had had new HW features to justify their existence, I think the only expectation might be the Mikro Mk3 which only really offered a new layout.

Like there is no NI support for Maschine MK3 or Maschine Jam to be used with Traktor.... They probably fear less Traktor HW would be sold.....

That theory comes up a lot, I think there is a lot truth to it but not just necessarily direct product cannibalization; that's just a small deterrent compared to the time and effort it would require to make MAS devices natively control Traktor... it's a lot of work for very little gain. A Traktor user with no interest in a 600$ MK3 (which I reckon is the majority) would probably get pissed.

I understand the appeal for some users, heck maybe even me since I'm both a DJ and Maschine user but if you really think about it, does it actually make sense to use a groovebox 16-Pad layout inherited from the late 80's to DJ in 2022? The layout is so production-focused and different from a mixer, I imagine people saying:

"I bought this official Traktor controller, WHERE IS THE CROSSFADER?" along with 1000 other similar complaints.

• Kubrak

I did not mean native integration of Mk3/Jam for Traktor. Just providing midi mappings.

I know that using MK3/Jam for Traktor has its limitations. But say Mk3/Jam and Z1 could work OK for those who need crossfader.

I guess most of revenues bring HW, plugins and Expansions. Maschine is mostly bundled for free and the reason why it is not easy to use Traktor with non-NI HW also indicates, that important point of Traktor is to sell HW.

Anyway it would be nice to have spectral analyzer in Mk3/M+.

• Reed

Yeah I'm a controllerist with a good amount of gear and use Traktor and I've found theres plenty of better alternatives, OR you could just MIDI map everything, which is already available. Again though, its the HW screen that BEGS for utilization. If I could use my D2 screen workflow on a Maschine HW, THATS the game changer, in addition to the built in audio interface it would have a significant deal of potential. But without that, its just a wonky MIDI controller that doesn't offer enough intuitiveness, and you're better off with an actual deck-mixer setup. But if they "port" the D2s screen tech to the Mk3, it will be HUGE.