Preview Player improvements?

zephry
zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

A volume knob next to the player.

Match the bpm and quantize the start.

Add options in preferences to analyze before preview and sync. For users that don't mind a slight delay before listening.

Comments

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

If improvements were to be made would it be better to preview from the browser instead of dropping it into a dedicated player?

I see what you're saying but it looks like just dropping the track into a spare deck would be a little better no?

• zephry

The player is nice where it is in my opinion. Because it is completely separate from the decks, never accidentally being heard by the master out.

As it is right now it is also an instant button separate from accidentally pushing the wrong play button on a controller.

With the streaming service added, I have noticed I use it way more.

• Wyley

I tried the preview player for the very first time after reading your post. I like the little coloured waveform. It seems ok but I'm used to just pressing down on the track in the browser on my Denon deck or Pioneer deck to preview rather than loading a track to a dedicate box for preview. That's why I asked if it would be an improvement to preview from the browser.

• zephry

Yeah the function is available on NI controllers and is really quick to use while scrolling through tracks. But the volume can be really loud compared to the headphone cue.

I think it might also be the headroom settings that the preview player is not affected by?

I doubt anything will come of this suggestion. I can make do just fine. Something to maybe improve though.

• zephry

Oh wait do you mean from the browser list without loading to the player?

Then yes, I rarely look at the actual player, it isn't really needed but with a volume knob it would still be a good idea to keep the option of having it visible.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

Yeah from the browser list is what I meant.

• zephry

Thanks for the suggestions.

I might try some mapping and see what I can come up with.

• Knth
    Knth Member Posts: 16 Member

Preview player inside the track list of playlist, the best feature of rekordbox, using it ONLY for that to sort out tons of tracks into playlist and convert to Traktor afterwards