Pioneer S7 Mapping

djcoldswitch
djcoldswitch Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

So as a fun little side project I thought I’d play around with building an S7 mapping for Traktor. Most of the mapping is pretty straightforward, but I’m having some difficulty getting the pad mode LEDs to illuminate. Has anyone gotten the pad mode LEDs on a Pioneer mixer to light up when using Traktor? I’ve followed the docs and have watched a number of videos, but haven’t had success. Any insight would be super helpful!

Tagged:

Comments

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 89 Advisor

Map for 'output' should do the trick

• djcoldswitch

I thought so too! Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work for the pad mode button LEDs. I’m able to get the pads themselves to light up, but I’d love to have the pad mode buttons on to designate the current pad mode state. It looks like others have struggled with this as well, so maybe it’s not possible…or I’m missing something simple. Heh.

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 89 Advisor

Strange... On the RANE Seventy I got it to work for the pad modes, would expect it would be similar for Pioneer mixers.

• djcoldswitch

I have a Seventy as well and grabbed your mapping. Great job! My outputs for the S7 look similar to yours, but no luck. It's a bit of bummer, but not the end of the world.